Surprised a little at $250 with no pack-in game. I guess they figure those AR card games are the pack-in. Nice that it comes with a 2GB SD card, I'm personally really excited that the Virtual Console has a GBA component as well. Also, 1 unified online "friend" code is really awesome.
I'm probably in for a black one.
Not sure what games I'll grab for it. Did they announce what games would be available on Day 1 and how much they would cost? (I'm assuming $39.99 per game)
1. iOS Games - I played Chaos Rings, Angry Birds, Infinity Blade, Cut the Rope, etc. and was left completely underwhelmed. I just don't care about them.
2. Gran Turismo 5 - possibly in my top 10, as I have played it quite a bit. Feels 85% finished at time, which annoys me since I'm a long-time fan of the series and had HUGE expectations for this game.
3. Playstation Move - I thought this would be the rennaisance of motion gaming (in terms of fidelity) that we all wanted, but I have been very unimpressed the more I have used mine
4. Halo Reach - thought it would be a much bigger evolution in terms of graphics than the incremental jump it was. Probably on the back-end of my top 10 though. I might be done with Halo MP for a while though. I'm just over it.
5. Donkey Kong Country Returns - I basically hate the controls in the game and they make me hate motion gaming even more
6. Epic Mickey - Warren Spector + Mickey = not very good? Very surprised
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops - what they did to the PC version of this game is an embarrassment
8.. Fallout: New Vegas - I felt uninspired to go into the universe. It was ugly (even on PC) and felt like an expansion pack at best that was riddled with bugs from the word go
9. Dance Central - it's an interesting gimmick, but ultimately fails as. a compelling game experience. I would put Kinect up here, but I had no real expectations for it outside of this game, that has left me completely sullied on Kinect untiil possibly Child of Eden (if that's not good then I'm out...)
10. Nintendo DS - I can't think of one piece of compelling software that I played for the system other than DQIX this year. There may have been others, but they've been so unmemorable that I've already forgotten them. It has been FAR surpassed by my PSP in terms of usage, which I don't think I ever would have said 2 years ago.
Yeah, gotta say I was one of those that bought Kinect and I honestly only used it the first 2 or 3 days I owned it. It's basically hooked up but unused because of the lack of compelling software and hassle it is in terms of a space requirement
With that being said....yeah, there's no way that 8 million number actually means "sold" (i.e. 8 million units sitting in consumers homes). That'd be ludicrous.
Considering the new Sandy Bridge (i7 2600K probably) processor. Currently have a Q6600,
The new cpu/mobo/ram combo would probably run about, what, $600?
---> Also, what do you guys think about the SSDs? I have heard they are great.
My concerns stem from:
a) I hear all the manufacturers will be refreshing their current offerings shortly (so I might wait)
b) I have A TON of GBs worth of Steam games already on my 1TB HDD. Can I just install my OS on the SSD and point Steam to my existing directory of Steam games? (so I don't have to re-download and install them?)
Xbox 360 NBA 2K10 $7Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $8Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $8Major League Baseball 2K10 $9Singularity $10Dante's Inferno $10Quantum Theory$10Aliens vs. Predator $10Splinter Cell Conviction $10Transformers: War for Cybertron $10WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 $10Just Cause 2 $13Mass Effect 2 $13Crackdown 2 $13Split/Second $13Borderlands $13Batman: Arkham Asylum $13 Lost Planet 2 $8Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $8Singularity $10NBA 2K10 $10Madden NFL 10 $10Transformers: War for Cybertron $10Army of Two: The 40th Day $10Borderlands $13Dante's Inferno Divine Edition $13Major League Baseball 2K10 $13Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $13Yakuza 3 $153D Dot Game Heroes $15Wii
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $7NHL 2K10 $8A Boy and His Blob $10Major League Baseball 2K10 $13Sin & Punishment: Star Successor $13Transformers: Cybertron Adventures $13Metroid: Other M $20Super Mario Galaxy 2 $25