Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Killzone 2 - Looks like it turned out pretty good.......

81 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Eurogamer: 9/10

IGN USA: 9.4

IGN UK: 9.4

IGN AU: 9.0

Gamepro 5/5

Gamereactor (swedish): 10/10

Meristation: 9.5

Eurogamer.pt 10/10

Eurogamer.es 10/10

Gameplayer: 9.5

Empire: 4/5

Vandal 9.6

PSLife (denmark) 9.5

Gamepro (spanish) 10

Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5

Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5

Unfortunately it's still a month away......

3133267773_1cc10316c6.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

We should wait for "real" reviews to come out before we start talking about how well it turned out.

Or, even better, we could wait until we've actually played it!

Edited by Cheesecake Jones

Posted · Report post

Sounds good, but I'll have to wait until I take it for a drive before I get influenced in any way. What matters is what I think of it, not everyone else!

Posted · Report post

We should wait for "real" reviews to come out before we start talking about how well it turned out.

It may be like God of War 2, in which Sony specifically asked sites and magazines to put their reviews up a month early.

Anyhow, I'm not stoked for Killzone (since I've yet to play a Guerilla Game that was anything above decent), but I'll give it a chance.

Posted · Report post

Uh, where exactly would someone find one of these "real" reviews?

Posted · Report post

Never played Killzone before. BArely know anything about it. Is it a shooter? Seriously, why is this better than say Gears or Call of Duty or something like that?

Posted · Report post

Never played Killzone before. BArely know anything about it. Is it a shooter? Seriously, why is this better than say Gears or Call of Duty or something like that?

Killzone is god-awful. Killzone: Liberation is alright.

Posted · Report post

You don't know if it's a shooter? Have you skipped the Sony E3 coverage from the past 3 years?

Also, who said it was better than Gears of Call of Duty?

Posted · Report post

I've seen the clips, I saw people shooting, thats about it. I dont mean why is it better, but why should I stop playing those games to play Killzone 2.

What makes it unique?

Posted · Report post

I've seen the clips, I saw people shooting, thats about it. I dont mean why is it better, but why should I stop playing those games to play Killzone 2.

What makes it unique?

I don't know what to tell you. How did you ever decide to start playing Gears and Call of Duty? You probably watched some videoclips, read a review or two, and made up your own mind.

At the very least it appears to be a first person shooter of high quality. A sci-fi twist on Call of Duty seems to be the simplest way to explain it. Considering COD4 is one of my favorite games ever, and the review scores are looking very solid, I'm definitely interested.

Posted · Report post

Cuz it's got ballinnn grafixxx and is on dat triple, yo!

Chadwardenn_partyhard.gif

Posted · Report post

Is there any gimic to it at all?

Anything that makes it very unique?

Resistance 2 didnt interest me because even with good reviews, nothing in my eyes differentiated it from anything else on the market

Posted · Report post

Killzone is god-awful.

I wouldn't call it awful... They tried to do way more than the PS2 could handle. They focused so much on graphic fidelity that the frame-rate was terrible. The game play was a little uninspired, too.

Posted · Report post

Is there any gimic to it at all?

Anything that makes it very unique?

Resistance 2 didnt interest me because even with good reviews, nothing in my eyes differentiated it from anything else on the market

Allegedly, the game just feels different from all these games, based on the movement speed and aiming and weight of the characters or some shit. And there's first-person cover in single-player. Other than that, it seems like a very good CoD clone.

I wouldn't call it awful... They tried to do way more than the PS2 could handle. They focused so much on graphic fidelity that the frame-rate was terrible. The game play was a little uninspired, too.

A little uninspired? Christ, the gameplay in Pariah was more unique than Killzone.

Posted · Report post

What makes it unique?

What makes Gears and CoD unique?

Posted · Report post

why do i sense TR typing a 5 paragraph essay right now?

Posted · Report post

I think the Helghast controlling the weather or something is one of its "hooks" as well--if I remember my hype correctly.

Posted · Report post

I think the Helghast controlling the weather or something is one of its "hooks" as well--if I remember my hype correctly.

Don't you know anything, mik? A Helghast doesn't control the weather - that's a chef!

Posted · Report post

I will admit that Killzone 1 sucking so horribly bad has made me want to rent this instead of buy it, regardless of reviews. My god Killzone was useless.

Posted · Report post

Well Gears 1 was horribad as well but Gears 2 turned out good.

Hopefully K2 is that much of an improvement. On top of that, we're actually getting a good framerate this time around, which will make it even better!

Posted · Report post

why do i sense TR typing a 5 paragraph essay right now?

I think Levity is in for a big disappointment right now. ;)

I think I said just about everthing I have to say in that last reply to you. I'm not sure where your skeptical tone is coming from here. I just provided the scores I found in a Gaf thread, and that's it. I have never even played the first two Killzone games, but I'm interested in this one because [A] it appears to have really purdy graphics, and solid gameplay, and , I tend to enjoy Call of Duty style shooters with really purdy graphics and solid gameplay. [C] The art looks cool to me, and the multiplayer sounds rock solid. I guess that is enough to get my $60.

By the way, you may want to search out my thread criticizing Sony for not mandating co-op in this game. I think it's a shame it's missing that feature.

Posted · Report post

It would have to try hard to be worse than over 50% of the Call of Duty games I've played or less boring than Gears of War.

Posted · Report post

So if the gaming press hates Sony, then should all those scores be 19's and 20's if we factor in that hate?

Posted · Report post

Apparently it got a 9.5 in graphics on IGN, whereas GTA 4 got a 10.

Posted · Report post

Interesting to see that reviews are here almost a month before release.

The game looks fantastic. Seems like it's going to play in between the intense fast paced fps action of Call of Duty and the more tactical play of Rainbow Six.

Now that the reviews indicate this game is all that, lets see if Sony gets its advertising in order for the next month. They can really build off the momentum of this universal acclaim, not to mention previous hype. Would be even better if they can time a $50 hardware price cut around the same time...