Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Episode 150 (9/07/09) - Odds, Ends, Bits n' Bobs from PAX 2009

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

mariorockband.jpg

This week! Only one host and a bunch of guests. CJ goes to Penny Arcade Expo, brings his pocket recorder and records conversations with a couple people. That includes Patrick Klepek, David Ellis, Andrew Pfister, Jeremy Parish, Shane Bettenhausen and Kholdstare. Plus a bonus PAX-related voicemail from Bill Mudron, whose awesome EGM/1UP tribute piece and other artwork can be found at www.excelsiorstudios.net. Thanks again to everyone I ran into at PAX and/or played The Beatles Rock Band with. We will return to our regularly scheduled lineup and podcast next week.

Thanks for listening! Don't forget to visit our new web site at www.playeronepodcast.com. You can leave us a voicemail by calling 713-893-8069 or you can send a comment via MP3 to our email address, playeronepodcast@gmail.com. Don't forget to join our forums if you haven't already! You can discuss this very episode right here.

Running time: 1:16:46

This week's links:

CJ's PAX Twitterings

Excelsior Studios

"Hot N Cold (8-bit cover!)" by PlayItLoud!

G4's The Feed blog

Ignition Entertainment

Jeremy Parish's 1UP.com blog

David Ellis' 1UP.com blog

Direct download: 09_07_09-Episode150.mp3

Posted · Report post

The Katy Perry song at the end, what is that version from?

Great show as well. Good job CJ.

Posted · Report post

It's just a chiptunes version of the song I downloaded over at 8bitcollective. Link's in the show notes.

Posted · Report post

Thanks. I need to learn to read. I read that list of links 5 times before I noticed it.

Posted · Report post

:D, I love the bit where CJ just cracks up laughing because most of the cosplayers they mentioned were employees.

Posted · Report post

:D , I love the bit where CJ just cracks up laughing because most of the cosplayers they mentioned were employees.

That was good.

The show also made miss Shane on 1up yours. I hope he follows through and skypes into the show.

Posted · Report post

Haven't listened yet, but I definitely miss Shane on podcasts.

Posted · Report post

The dude asking for change in mid-podcast sort of amused me for some reason. Especially when the guys were like "Who still uses PAYPHONES?"

Posted · Report post

Kholdstare, sorry, but I already saw that you said you were sick, so when you were talking about hygiene I laughed a bit.

Hope you get feeling better.

Posted · Report post

Haven't listened yet, but I definitely miss Shane on podcasts.

Agree. His level of bombast + pure nerdiness is missed. There also aren't any great RPG nerds on the current 'casts.

It also reminded me that I don't miss Patrick Klepek. I almost crashed my bike in convulsive laughter when he mentioned having nuanced conversations about game topics. Patrick, please...

Good episode though. Good to hear Kholdstare!

Posted · Report post

nice job CJ. i really enjoyed all the interviews. not a fan of the Mudron call though.

Posted · Report post

not a fan of the Mudron call though.

Me neither.