Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Whatcha been watching?

805 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I created this thread just to say, Youth in Revolt was awesome and totally worth the $6.50 I payed to see it.

Posted · Report post

I watched Black Dynamite which was awesome in a stupid way. It was the good kind of self-aware stupid.

I've also got a bunch of Coen Brothers movies I haven't seen queued up and have been making my way through those. Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink and Fargo for starters.

Does this topic cover TV also? I recently plowed through Sons of Anarchy and I'm excited that Big Love season 4 started this week.

Posted · Report post

Finally saw season three of The IT Crowd. Terrific. If you've never seen it, all the seasons are on Netflix instant watch.

Posted · Report post

I tried getting into Dexter as everyone told me it's great. I watched the first season, I don't really care for it that much. But I'll check out The IT Crowd at mik's recommendation.

Posted · Report post

Finally saw season three of The IT Crowd. Terrific. If you've never seen it, all the seasons are on Netflix instant watch.

Love that show. That and Hamtaro are all I've watched recently.

Posted · Report post

The only thing I have watched recently is Craig Ferguson which I tape nightly on my DVR. I really enjoy his show.

Posted · Report post

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

I recently saw the movie Daybreakers. Much more enjoyable then I expected but isn't much more then an above average vampire movie with political undertones.

Posted · Report post

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on so early?

Posted · Report post

i'm disabled

leg disabled

Posted · Report post

I just watched "The Road", it annoyed me

guy says he was preparing his son for when he was gone, but all he did was train him to be a whiney little pussy who gave his food away and trust the first person he met by asking them a few obscure questions "are you a good guy? do you carry the fire?" "yeah sure kid, just get in the pot!", I may be ignoring some of the moral messages there but it was still annoying

Posted · Report post

The last movie I watched was Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters. It had some fun scenes, but sometimes it felt like the monsters were under-utilized. The special effects were quite good for the genre, though. It was just hyped up to me a little more than it had the power to live up to.

Also some of the advertised monsters were only in like one shot in the entire movie. I question that.

Before that I watched one of my favorite movies for the hundredth time, The Lion in Winter. Peter O' Toole is such a badass. Just is.

Oh and back in December I watched the entirety of The Human Condition, which I think is a really really amazing movie. Trying to describe the movie is hard, because I feel like anything but the bare minimum spoils where the story ends up going. Basically it's about a Japanese humanist/pacifist in World War II Manchuria. It really stuck in my mind.

Posted · Report post

Finished watching the final season of The Shield a few days ago. As much as I love the show, it took me a few years to watch all the seasons. Maybe it was so intense I had to take long breaks between seasons. I will say it took me just until now to get over the final episode. I'm not sure if a show has ever made me feel like that before.

I hate that nobody seems to watch this show.

In the past month, or so, I watched all 5 seasons of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. "Kitten Mittens" is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. I watched that clip over and over again until I couldn't see.

Posted · Report post

Youth in Revolt was a funny yet tragic movie. Both of the main characters are so messed up it was hard to leave that theatre without thinking about how much it would suck to be them. These are not characters that will end up in any situation better then trailer parks.

It reminded me of Observe & Report and Funny People. Funny movies with realistic and fucked up characters.

Posted · Report post

Youth in Revolt was a funny yet tragic movie. Both of the main characters are so messed up it was hard to leave that theatre without thinking about how much it would suck to be them. These are not characters that will end up in any situation better then trailer parks.

It reminded me of Observe & Report and Funny People. Funny movies with realistic and fucked up characters.

Portia Doubleday is really cute, and all of Francois Dillinger's lines were great.

"I want to wrap your legs around my head and wear you like the crown you were meant to be."

Posted · Report post

I've spent the last few months watching every season of How I Met Your Mother that is available on DVD. I have a strict rule that I avoid CBS like the plague(except for football of course) but that show has given me hope for the sitcom. It's my favorite show now. I also watched all of the Lost episodes and I don't know why I didn't like that show the first time I tried to watch it but I'm very much into it now. Finally I'm getting my wife into Mad Men so I'm rewatching all of those. I didn't think she would like it but I have been pleasantly proven wrong.

That's some heavy hitters right? I need to get on that Dexter train though. Oh yeah, I've been watching Man Vs. Food like crazy lately.

Posted · Report post

The Shield Complete Series. Just finished Season 4.

The-Shield-Complete-Series.jpg

Posted · Report post

Portia Doubleday is really cute, and all of Francois Dillinger's lines were great.

"I want to wrap your legs around my head and wear you like the crown you were meant to be."

Yes she is.

I always find it funny when actors in their 20's play teens.

Posted · Report post

Yes she is.

I always find it funny when actors in their 20's play teens.

I really hope Michael Cera stops getting typecasted like that. Same goes for Ellen Page.

Man, Ellen Page is really cute too. Did anyone see Whip It just because she was in it? I did. It was worth it.

Posted · Report post

Before that I watched on of my favorite movies for the hundredth time, The Lion in Winter. Peter O' Toole is such a badass. Just is.

Such a good film.

Posted · Report post

I really hope Michael Cera stops getting typecasted like that. Same goes for Ellen Page.

Man, Ellen Page is really cute too. Did anyone see Whip It just because she was in it? I did. It was worth it.

Oh yeah, I did see Whip it actually, just because I will basically watch anything with certain people in it and Ellen page is one of those people. Thought the film seemed like it was trying too hard to be quirky of hipster-y though......if you get what I mean......still good though.

I've spent the last few months watching every season of How I Met Your Mother that is available on DVD. I have a strict rule that I avoid CBS like the plague(except for football of course) but that show has given me hope for the sitcom. It's my favorite show now. I also watched all of the Lost episodes and I don't know why I didn't like that show the first time I tried to watch it but I'm very much into it now. Finally I'm getting my wife into Mad Men so I'm rewatching all of those. I didn't think she would like it but I have been pleasantly proven wrong.

That's some heavy hitters right? I need to get on that Dexter train though. Oh yeah, I've been watching Man Vs. Food like crazy lately.

Have you learned nothing from Mad Men? you make her watch it, my, what would the neighbours think :D

Just looked up Man vs Food, I love things like that, I used to love watching "Bizarre foods with Andrew zimmern", still haven't seen season 4 of it actually. Will definately have to check out Man vs Food though, wtf is it with you Americans and Big foods though, fatties! :P

Posted · Report post

I basically have a set of things I watch, which consist of HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Law and order, and occasionally the simpsons. If I get really bored I watch episodes of STNG ot STV (sometimes DS9).

Posted · Report post

I watched the first episode of the new Kids in the Hall special tonight. I was really good if your into them and I can not wait for more. If your like my wife then it was the most horrible waste of TV you have ever scene.

Posted · Report post

I watched the first episode of the new Kids in the Hall special tonight. I was really good if your into them and I can not wait for more. If your like my wife then it was the most horrible waste of TV you have ever scene.

Explain please! New Kids in the Hall? Original cast?

Posted · Report post

Explain please! New Kids in the Hall? Original cast?

It is the original cast. They wrote this mini series which I think it called "Death comes to town" which is based on all new characters. It started this week on the CBC, so i would assume it should be available on torrents for the non-Canadians in the group.

CBC's site is having issues at the moment, but this should be the link to it when it does work.

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/kids_in_the_hall_present_death_comes_to_town_hd

If you like them I would say you would enjoy this.

Posted · Report post

It is the original cast. They wrote this mini series which I think it called "Death comes to town" which is based on all new characters. It started this week on the CBC, so i would assume it should be available on torrents for the non-Canadians in the group.

CBC's site is having issues at the moment, but this should be the link to it when it does work.

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/kids_in_the_hall_present_death_comes_to_town_hd

If you like them I would say you would enjoy this.

Hot damn!