Man Furismo Jive special edition.

1,091 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

GTR is a nice choice ... dang, I may have to bite.

[edit]New trailer was epic, btw.

Posted · Report post

I've really got to clean up the remaining events in Forza III before November.

Damn...what a year to be a racing fan.

Posted · Report post

sigh... I'm in

Posted · Report post

I'm in as well, course I still need to break down and get a decent wheel. That game just isn't going to work with a hand controller, no sir no how!

Posted · Report post

I'm in as well, course I still need to break down and get a decent wheel. That game just isn't going to work with a hand controller, no sir no how!

Yeah, think I'm going to take the plunge and get a Driving force GT and a wheel stand pro.

Posted · Report post

Definitely getting this day one. I don't know if I'll be buying a wheel though.

Posted · Report post

I made a decision not to buy collector's editions about a year ago. A decision I will be altering just this once.

Posted · Report post

$∞

Posted · Report post

This is going to be a very tough call for me. Especially considering I just found Amazon's official listing for the standard version of the game, and of course it's $5 under retail, so that makes the decision $55 vs $100 for me.

Amazon almost never reduces the price of Collector's Editions. :/

I'm really torn, but I should probably make up my mind soon. I'm just excited the game is finally coming out. What a wait it has been.

Posted · Report post

This is going to be a very tough call for me. Especially considering I just found Amazon's official listing for the standard version of the game, and of course it's $5 under retail, so that makes the decision $55 vs $100 for me.

Amazon almost never reduces the price of Collector's Editions. :/

I've got about $400 in Gamestop credit so getting this is easy peasy. I just deduct the amount from the short term loan I've kindly extended to Gamestop and they provide me the product I want. Win-Win-Win!

Posted · Report post

Yeah, think I'm going to take the plunge and get a Driving force GT and a wheel stand pro.

I highly recommend the fanatec 911 wheel - it's pricey but if you play a lot of racing sims on xbox/pc/ps3 it's worth it.

Driving with a clutch and 6 speed in Forza is ridiculous.

Posted · Report post

Definitely going to pick this up.

Wonder if it's going to cause me to kick myself for not picking up the Logitech G27 when it was on sale at Best Buy for $150 (instead of $300) a while back...

Posted · Report post

I highly recommend the fanatec 911 wheel - it's pricey but if you play a lot of racing sims on xbox/pc/ps3 it's worth it.

Driving with a clutch and 6 speed in Forza is ridiculous.

Seconded, having one wheel and one wheel experience for all 3 platforms makes this seem so much cheaper than it is. I also really like being able to switch your settings on the fly (don't want 900 degree steering for that arcade racer, just change it - any system any time). I've got my 6-speed shifter mounted to the side of my desk so it's in a more natural position.

I'm definitely buying this collector's edition

Posted · Report post

I know I'll buy this, be excited to buy this, and then regret buying it. GoW3 collector's edition, I'm looking at you.

Posted · Report post

Seconded, having one wheel and one wheel experience for all 3 platforms makes this seem so much cheaper than it is. I also really like being able to switch your settings on the fly (don't want 900 degree steering for that arcade racer, just change it - any system any time). I've got my 6-speed shifter mounted to the side of my desk so it's in a more natural position.

I'm definitely buying this collector's edition

Did you get the clubsport pedals? They are phenomenal

What level of steering are you using in forza? I tend to keep it pretty low (270 i think). If I am playing a nascar game (rFactor with mods) I bump it up but I never go 900.

Posted · Report post

Did you get the clubsport pedals? They are phenomenal

What level of steering are you using in forza? I tend to keep it pretty low (270 i think). If I am playing a nascar game (rFactor with mods) I bump it up but I never go 900.

I've got it at 900 in Forza and GTHD/GT5P. I usually drop it down one to play Dirt 2 & Shift and I'll go down to 270 for something like F1 CE or TDU

Posted · Report post

Damn you for showing that to me...

Posted · Report post

I wasn't immediately sold on that controller when I saw it... from what I can tell, you would be moving your left thumb up/down to steer right/left... which seems like it would be really awkward and probably cause me to just use the analog stick as usual. The throttle/brake buttons seem like they could be great though depending on how sensitive they are.

Posted · Report post

Looks interesting - was playing some Forza last night (without the wheel) and I think they did a great job with the controls for the 360 controller. Hoping GT5 gives a similar feel

Posted · Report post

I'm so done with racers it isn't even funny... yet I read the feature list of this game and started thinking "maybe GT is worth it." I'll wait for a price drop, but the game is really looking like a winner... I do wonder how the actual racing will stack up to other games, but I'm no expert, so even if it's brainless drones that's not a dealbreaker for me. It's not great, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Posted · Report post

The back half of this video makes it appear that the AI has been improved.

Posted · Report post

Nice. Looks like the high speed parade aspect may have gone bye-bye.

Weird how it's all the same car in that video, though. Also, the way he ran into the back of the other dude when they were going into the turn 3 wide should have sent both cars spinning off course.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, that struck me as odd too. I've seen other videos showing fairly realistic crashes though (can't link at work).