Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mass Effect 3

384 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Happy Valentine's Day! The demo is out today. Multiplayer is available later this week. It sounds like there are a lot of smart improvements to the game systems that put it somewhere between the complexity of the first two games. The combat looks bigger and better than ever. The Insanity difficulty seems more fair now that you don't have to strip off shields and barriers of off every damn enemy. There are numerous achievements that you can unlock in EITHER single player or multiplayer, which is smart.

I can't wait, and I look forward to trying out the demo as soon as Valentine's Day is over.

Posted · Report post

I played through it yesterday and I can't wait for 3/6. I forgot about the kinect stuff at first then I noticed the mic icons next to almost everything, so I game them a shout(not really). It worked surprisingly well. I look forward to hearing Kirbutashi's impressions of the Kinect functionality. :)

Overall it seemed like a more refined ME2 with better shooting. That's all I am expecting in addition to more hours of resource mining.

Posted · Report post

Started replaying ME2 last night. Had bought all the (good) DLC but hadn't gone back to play through it, now doing so in preparation of ME3. And god, I forgot how annoying the spacebar-to-skip-dialogue-leading-to-accidental-conversation-choices thing was. Especially after playing SWTOR, where you can just press Esc to cancel a conversation if you pick the wrong option.

Posted · Report post

This is the reason I replayed ME2 last month!

I'm not a fan of how they changed the Sentinel. With tech armor no longer functioning as a secondary shield, I don't see the benefit in putting one point into anything that would improve its offensive capabilities over its defensive bonuses. I'd like to try out the other classes. And not being able to change your loadout to see how your cooldowns are effected is rough. 23 seconds between abilities is no good :(

Posted · Report post

I don't want to touch the game (or see it really) until it comes out, will be playing day one though.

Posted · Report post

I'll definitely give the multiplayer portion of the demo a spin with the free gold that'll be going on. I forget when that's live for non-BF3 people, though.

Posted · Report post

I'll definitely give the multiplayer portion of the demo a spin with the free gold that'll be going on. I forget when that's live for non-BF3 people, though.

This I might do. I am OK with doing multiplayer, doesn't give any story away.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't want to touch the game (or see it really) until it comes out, will be playing day one though.

This.

Also giving ME2 another go around, partially to refresh myself w/ the characters,but mostly to play through all the significant DLC I'd downloaded, but never got to. Just finished up the Kasumi stuff the other night; really looking forward to getting to the Shadow Broker content.

Man, it's gonna get awkward when my FemShep meets up w/ Liara again in 3. How can she be mad, though? She wasn't around! and embarking on suicide missions tends to enhance the need for companionship, and there was Kelly Chambers, always so understanding...

Edited by DistantStorm

Posted · Report post

This.

Also giving ME2 another go around, partially to refresh myself w/ the characters,but mostly to play through all the significant DLC I'd downloaded, but never got to. Just finished up the Kasumi stuff the other night; really looking forward to getting to the Shadow Broker content.

Man, it's gonna get awkward when my FemShep meets up w/ Liara again in 3. How can she be mad, though? She wasn't around! and embarking on suicide missions tends to enhance the need for companionship, and there was Kelly Chambers, always so understanding...

I need to go back and play some ME2 DLC as well. Now that I think about it I need to play some DLC for Alan Wake and like 50 other games. Thanks for the reminder.....jerk! ;)

Posted · Report post

This is the reason I replayed ME2 last month!

I'm not a fan of how they changed the Sentinel. With tech armor no longer functioning as a secondary shield, I don't see the benefit in putting one point into anything that would improve its offensive capabilities over its defensive bonuses. I'd like to try out the other classes. And not being able to change your loadout to see how your cooldowns are effected is rough. 23 seconds between abilities is no good :(

I recently finished up another play of ME2 as well. I'm excited to see what's going on, but after this demo, I'm going on a 100% blackout on all things Mass Effect. I don't want to hear or see any more about the game until I'm playing it on March 6th.

Posted · Report post

If you aren't familiar with the Arrival DLC, I suggest leaving that until after you've done the suicide mission.

Posted · Report post

I heard that dlc was terrible so I never bought it

Posted · Report post

The Insanity difficulty seems more fair now that you don't have to strip off shields and barriers of off every damn enemy.

Thank god.

As for the Arrival DLC in regards to Mass Effect 3,

Kind of disappointing that Bioware skips the trial Shepard had to attend. They made it out to be a big deal in the DLC, then *poof* Bioware doesn't give a shit. It makes me question how they'll approach the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC.

Posted · Report post

I heard that dlc was terrible so I never bought it

Me too. Is it worth the money?

Posted · Report post

Its not as good as the others, but I still enjoy it. It has a great survival bit and is a pretty important story beat to lead into ME3.

Posted · Report post

Well, that demo was......interesting.

Instead of answering the questions should have just done this dance ve6r79.jpg then said "Screw you all" and walked out.

Would've been much more satisfying then this demo.

March 6th can't come soon enough. I'm also really interested to see a little more what's up since some of the choices in the demo were obviously different then the ones I made.

Posted · Report post

Not surprisingly the demo made me angry. They 'upgraded' the player models in a way that they move completely unnaturally and they have serious derp face. Also as far as I can tell the story is about the earth getting the complete shit kicked out of it as you run off to go play mass effect (aka go form a team). Again? Really? Fuck you.

I'm still gonna buy it... and i notoriously don't like demos (even amalur i was only lukewarm on and now i loveeeeeee that game). So hopefully the final product resonates with me more.

Posted · Report post

Not surprisingly the demo made me angry. They 'upgraded' the player models in a way that they move completely unnaturally and they have serious derp face. Also as far as I can tell the story is about the earth getting the complete shit kicked out of it as you run off to go play mass effect (aka go form a team). Again? Really? Fuck you.

I'm still gonna buy it... and i notoriously don't like demos (even amalur i was only lukewarm on and now i loveeeeeee that game). So hopefully the final product resonates with me more.

out of curiosity, what did you play it on?

I thought I was seeing during the initial scene in the PS3 version a some bad slowdowns in FPS, but then smoothed out as the demo went on.

The part that really confused me was the 2nd half of the demo with the attackers. I get that they may be pissed at Shepard, but he's trying to save Humanity. I also found it hilarious that inside the walking tank the dude was wearing a full suit of armor.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm not going to bother with the demo, but I really don't want to have to travel the universe to form another crack team for universe-saving. Don't get me wrong, I will... just wish they'd find a way to change up the formula. I can only hope that the little ventures to other parts of the galaxy are exceptionally brief. (At least those related to recruitment)

Edited by SickBoy

Posted · Report post

out of curiosity, what did you play it on?

I thought I was seeing during the initial scene in the PS3 version a some bad slowdowns in FPS, but then smoothed out as the demo went on.

The part that really confused me was the 2nd half of the demo with the attackers. I get that they may be pissed at Shepard, but he's trying to save Humanity. I also found it hilarious that inside the walking tank the dude was wearing a full suit of armor.

I played it on the 360 earlier today. I'll be playing the full version on the ps3 though.

On the 360 the environment looked good, though there was some screen tearing... and the FPS definitely was not locked. The player models though - what the fuck?

Posted · Report post

The game isn't about forming another crack team. Its about getting all of the races to make good and help you defeat the reapers. So, you'll most likely be solving all of the overarching plots like the genophage, quarians and the geth, or batarians intense hatred of humans. Renegade Shepard will probably be almost entirely composed of "Who cares about your problem? There are Reapers!" followed by a Reaper attack on his location.

Models have always looked off in Mass Effect. Certain lighting conditions can make characters look like horrible apes. Shepard's stagger around in the Normandy in ME2 made it look like her neck was broken.

Posted · Report post

Renegade Shepard will probably be almost entirely composed of "Who cares about your problem? There are Reapers!" followed by a Reaper attack on his location.

Correction: her location.

Posted · Report post

Female Shepard is a Paragon most of the time. Male Shepard is a big jerk that punches more than just reporters.

Posted · Report post

Female Shepard is a Paragon most of the time. Male Shepard is a big jerk that punches more than just reporters.

There is only one Shepard and she is a girl.

Posted · Report post

I will not allow you to deny Evil Obama Shepard as he punches his way across the galaxy.

gO95b.jpg