Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vita game thread - Let's discuss

339 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The main hardware thread has gotten off track and way too big.

Lets talk games. I like them. I like Hot Shots a Lot. I like Wipeout a lot. Superstardust....ehh...its better in 3D.

Buying Motorstorm today, on the fence on Ninja Gaiden as I don't think I want to put myself through that again. I'm considering Rayman, but damn...40 bucks is kind of expensive being they are practically giving away the console versions now. Seems like a definite rental from Gamefly.

Posted · Report post

I'm waiting for lots of games to arrive from Gamefly, but for now am more than satisfied with HSG.

Posted · Report post

Motorstorm isn't out yet. I think it's March.

I cannot stress enough how much I'm enjoying Mutant Blobs Attack. But I am a sucker for a 2D platformer.

Posted · Report post

Oh, i didn't realize that. I saw IGN's review and assumed it was out.

Posted · Report post

Yeah hot shots is super rad, Motorstorm is out in OZ and am really liking it.

Posted · Report post

Alright Mik, you twisted me arm on Mutant Blobs Attack.

Posted · Report post

I've never played a Hot Shots Golf game before and now I'm addicted. I can't believe I've missed out on so much fun. Wipeout, Uncharted, and Super Stardust are just sitting there, being ignored.

Posted · Report post

I've never played a Hot Shots Golf game before and now I'm addicted. I can't believe I've missed out on so much fun. Wipeout, Uncharted, and Super Stardust are just sitting there, being ignored.

It's a really fabulous series. I grew up playing golf and it's by far my favorite golf game. I've tried to like the PGA/Tiger Woods series and it's too dry...Hot Shots not only has charm in spades but it's a better balance between simulation and game.

Posted · Report post

I SUCK AT PUTTING!!!

Also, is there a way to play 1 on 1 with a friend? I don't think there is.

Posted · Report post

I SUCK AT PUTTING!!!

Also, is there a way to play 1 on 1 with a friend? I don't think there is.

I don't think so either. From playing around in the lobby, is the only way for us to play together knowing what clubhouse/lobby # to meet at?

Posted · Report post

Pretty much....then whats the point of the lobbies?

Posted · Report post

I thought this was a basic rule, letting people create their own rooms. It would have been so awesome being able to create daily or weekly, P1P asynchronous tournaments.

Posted · Report post

That would be pretty awesome.

Uncharted has grown on me. It still has that old-school DS feel of "exploit every feature on the hardware" that bugs me a bit, but I find I can't put it down for some reason. I think I'm pretty close to the end now.

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna fucking hit you with all 17 games I have. But not now, because we are about to record. And not later, because I have to go to work. But tomorrow. Maybe.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, we can't make our own tournaments. Kinda dumb. Whatever.

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna fucking hit you with all 17 games I have.

You are a crazy person. I thought I had gone pretty wild with the 8 or 9 that I bought. 17? Fucking hell.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I am a crazy person.

Quick hits!

Uncharted: Better than I thought.

Stardust: So fucking awesome.

Katamari: Exactly what i thought it would be

Ninja Gaiden: Exactly what i thought it would be (and still one of the best action games of alltime... but the 2004 save system is poopie for a portable)

Dynasty Warrior: An experiment as I've never played one of these games. Very one dimensional, but still fun so far. I expect the fun to stop, but it hasn't yet. Can the launch halo carry this through to the end?

Blob Attack: Possibly my favorite sidescroller in years. Yes, even more than Outland (sorry mik). So fucking fun, funny and inventive and controls so goddamn well.

Hustle Kings: It's free (if you own the PS3 version) and it's pool. Looks good.

Michael Jackson the experience: I got for free due to a mistake by Grace Chen. Worth $0.

Modnation Racers: Still so, so fun. Definite framerate issues on the more complex tracks which hurts the campaign, but im finding time trials (and track building, of course) to be the real fun. Driving model has been updated and is much tighter.

Hot Shots Golf: Wish it was native res, also wish I was better at it, but goddamn this game still delivers bigtime. So fun, so huge, online tournaments are so fun. Hopefully they patch in private games, it needs them. But im game to all just join the same tourney anytime. Hopefully we'll start having good battles with the more asynchronous daily tournaments.

Wipeout: Pixel counters and polygon counters and frame counters will disagree with me factually, which is fine and i accept that, but to my eye this game looks as good as anything on my pc or a console. It really is fucking incredible looking. And the gameplay is classic wipeout fun. The online campaign is a stroke of brilliance as well.

Escape plan: Amazing art and humor, but the controls aren't intuitive to me and I'm too dumb to solve most of the puzzles.

FIFA: Proof that you're holding a console in your hand. And also proof that the backtouch can go beyond being novel and add to gameplay.

Little Deviants: There are a couple mini games that I don't like, but there are quite a few that I do love. Should cost a dollar per mini game though. It works fine as the pack in, I can't see spending $30 on it though.

Plants vs Zombies: It's plants vs zombies, but it costs too much. But it has a platinum, and the amount of PvZ i've played I think I deserve a platinum. It also has a nice feature where you just give the vita a slight tilt to gather all the sun/coins instead of tapping away.

Virtua Tennis: Underrated pick of the launch. Great gameplay, great graphics, amazing career mode that mixes a rpg elements, board game elements, some of the weirdest minigames ever and some normal tournaments. Online play is also a hoot.

Rayman Origins: Was able to buy for $20 (2 x $5 coupons + normal gamefly discounts) and it's easily worth the full asking price. This game is gorgeous and fun.

Lumines: We've all played it before, and somehow it's still awesome. Atleast I have the excuse of it never clicking before, but now i 'get it' but even if this is the 19th time you've played it and you want to murder the $40 price tag once you start playing it's worth every penny, somehow.

Ok, so that's 18 games. lolololol :/

Edited by famousmortimer

Posted · Report post

Petesanity has grinded this thread to a halt.

Posted · Report post

We are in shock that you bought Dynasty Warrior

Posted (edited) · Report post

Also, my total for those 18 games, due to various deals and whatnot was $328.

328/18 = $18.20 per game. Not bad, not bad.

Edited by famousmortimer

Posted · Report post

We are in shock that you bought Dynasty Warrior

Mash square to kill 1000 mans is the proper title.

Posted · Report post

Hustle Kings: It's free (if you own the PS3 version) and it's pool. Looks good.

That's news to me. *goes off to download* I've been playing a lot of Lumines lately. I never played the PSP versions before, only the one on PS3 and for some reason I'm hooked on this one.

Posted · Report post

For me Lumines and Hot Shots have been games I prefer in handhelds, that goes for Virtua Tennis as well actually.

It would be awesome if we could get some P1P tourneys going in hot shots, I really hope an update comes in for that.

The AR soccer is fucking stupid.

Posted · Report post

I should be getting mine tomorrow. Should I get super stardust delta, or this monsters blobs whatever dealie that I have been hearing so much about.

Posted · Report post

Would you rather play a twin-stick shooter or a 2D platformer? They're both awesome.