Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unit 13

81 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Amazon just shipped it and I should have it tomorrow. Is it original, no. Is it going to set the world on fire, no. But it looks fun.

Posted · Report post

i tried out the demo and was fairly impressed how comfortable it is to handle a 3rd person shooter on the Vita.

I'd be interested to know if co-op is available via wireless or just adhoc only before i take the plunge.

Posted · Report post

I've heard that co-op is online, but I'm still bummed that there isn't a standard deathmatch mode or something similar. I'm guessing that Resistance will be the first to offer that?

Posted · Report post

No deathmatch? That sucks

Posted · Report post

Yeah it's co-op only, and it's online.

The game is built around score chasing. I think it's gonna be really fun. I've player the bejesus out of the demo. I'll have a digital copy whenever the store goes up.

With the daily missions this is also likely to be companion game to hot shots for some p1p forum tournament action.

Posted · Report post

Won't Hustle Kings work better as a P1P Tournament? Especially since I just bought it?

Posted · Report post

That's a bit tougher because everyone plays it at their own pace where unit 13 has daily missions.

But don't you worry, I will play all comers in turn based Hustle Kings :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Haven't tried it yet, but assuming Hustle Kings's asynchronous multiplayer works like Words with Friends, you have three days to finish your bracket game. Winners advance to next round. BOOM, monthly tournaments.

Edited by juanster

Posted · Report post

In hindsight no deathmatch is ok. I usually end up annoyed with it anyway. Mort's description makes me think of The Club. Great game RIP Bizarre

Posted · Report post

This review says everything i was hoping to hear.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-06-unit-13-review

I agree with them about the setting as well. Phineasgage said on twitter that he wish the setting/bad guys was more old school action/spy movie. It would certainly make for a more interesting game visually and thematically. But otherwise the game sounds like exactly what i was hoping for (bite sized Socom meets The Club).

Now push the effin update button, grace chen!!!

Posted · Report post

Sigh...another $40 gone...

Posted · Report post

I just feel like anything would make a nice change from shooting at Arabs/Russians. I'm heartily sick of all these modern military shooters with all their overblown gravitas and Oscar Mike-ing. That said, I'm all over this the second Grace Chen gets her shit together.

Posted · Report post

I'll get this soon, I love the demo.

Posted · Report post

I just feel like anything would make a nice change from shooting at Arabs/Russians. I'm heartily sick of all these modern military shooters with all their overblown gravitas and Oscar Mike-ing. That said, I'm all over this the second Grace Chen gets her shit together.

It's CoD's world, we're just living in it.

And now if you add Battlefield 3's 10 million on top of COD's 20 million, you can really start to make yourself ill about how little customers want anything new in the shooter space.

Posted · Report post

I really want this but I have a hard time reconciling the price tag for such a lean, arcade-style experience. I wish it was a $15 PSN-only release.

Hopefully Amazon will have a sale because I do want to get in on some leaderboard action.

Posted · Report post

It's not exactly lean. 36 missions, plus co op, plus an interesting high value targets mode and daily missions on top of it. I see myself playing many, many hours of this.

The daily mission today was fucking hardddddd.

Posted · Report post

Yes they are. It's like the Hot Shots Golf daily tournaments....except it's harder and has headshots.

Posted · Report post

More people on my friends list need to own this.

Posted · Report post

Yup. I finally completed a daily challenge and I was the only one on my friends list leaderboard.

Posted · Report post

That top 1000 only thing means I won't buy this.

Posted · Report post

That top 1000 only thing means I won't buy this.

Im hitting them with tweets, on their forums... im looking for an email address. We will get this changed, goddammit!

Posted · Report post

Im hitting them with tweets, on their forums... im looking for an email address. We will get this changed, goddammit!

I hope so, because that greatly turned me off as well. Zipper should be smarter than this.

Posted · Report post

If Pete gets his wish, I will buy this game.

Posted · Report post

If Pete gets his wish, I will buy this game.

Me also, yes indeedy.