Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MLB The Show 12

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So who picked this up today? And did you buy the PS3, Vita, or both versions?

Haven't seen a lot of love for sports games on the forums, might be that I am pretty new to the forums, but would love to get an online league going if we have enough people!

Also, anyone else having extreme amounts of trouble getting the online pass to work on the vita? What the heck is up with that?

Posted · Report post

I picked up both but had no problems with the online pass stuff. I got mine from amazon for why tis worth.

I've only spent a few minutes with the vita version. Seems fully featured and incredibly ugly. I played a few exhibitions and an online game with the PS3 version. Same basic gameplay as 12 but fielder intelligence seems to be dramatically improved. Not sure if we just licked out in that game but there were four or five plays that we're handled realistically which in the past were not. Good to see. Online was pretty much perfect.

Posted · Report post

The Vita version is ok...it looks pretty ugly...sounds pretty ugly...plays pretty well....

Posted · Report post

im definitely getting the vita version, possibly getting the ps3 version.

Posted · Report post

Yeah the vita version is quite ugly, especially on player close ups. But it does seem to have almost everything the main game does so that is nice.

The online pass thing is pretty frustrating. I redeemed the code on my vita, then it told me I had to download it on my PS3. I went to PSN on my PS3 and started the download, thinking I could copy it to the vita. Instead that became my online pass for my PS3 version.

Posted · Report post

So, I haven't picked up a Baseball game since.......MLB 2000. Yeah, it's been a really long time, but I'm kinda interested in this. How easy is it getting into/jumping into the controls?

How long are games typically? Can you save and quit a game, or do you have to play it all the way through?

Posted · Report post

There is no save n quit in the Vita version......which suuuuuuucks

Posted · Report post

Ouch, that does suck. I mean I guess it has the added advantage of sleep mode. But if you are halfway through a game and want to play your daily tournament or a shot in Hustle Kings or something I guess you're shit out of luck. Bummer.

Posted · Report post

That is pretty lame. They should definitely put that in an upcoming patch. Should be an option in every portable sports game.

It is pretty easy to jump in and play, may take a few games to get timing down and what not. But in the end I would say its pretty simple.

Posted · Report post

I ordered both versions today. They wont be here till next week. I love baseball and will play the bejesus out of this, but i'm not sure I want to do a league. Every baseball league i've been a part of has fallen apart miserably. Long games + long season + lag = 3 people still playing in week 2.

Posted · Report post

Ouch, that does suck. I mean I guess it has the added advantage of sleep mode. But if you are halfway through a game and want to play your daily tournament or a shot in Hustle Kings or something I guess you're shit out of luck. Bummer.

Thats exactly what happened to me last night during the 5 inning. I eventually decided to drill David Ortiz in the face with a Sabathia fastball and called it a game.

Posted · Report post

I ordered both versions today. They wont be here till next week. I love baseball and will play the bejesus out of this, but i'm not sure I want to do a league. Every baseball league i've been a part of has fallen apart miserably. Long games + long season + lag = 3 people still playing in week 2.

Yeah I have never done any online leagues with The Show mainly for that reason. But If anyone ever wants to try and play a game let me know I'll be playing this game for a while.

Posted · Report post

This game has the best cover athlete since Dustin Pedroia. I'll be getting both, I was a little skeptical about the vita version but from what I've read it seems it plays pretty well.

Posted · Report post

This game has the best cover athlete since Dustin Pedroia. I'll be getting both, I was a little skeptical about the vita version but from what I've read it seems it plays pretty well.

Plays well, looks ugly

Posted · Report post

Is it still incredibly hard? I last played the Show 2010 and I couldn't get HR's or very many hits. It looked great but it wasn't fun.

wjm iii

Posted · Report post

Just got an email from Sony about the whole online pass thing for the Vita. They gave me a new online pass code as well as a code for 6,000 road to the show points. Not to bad of a deal at all.

And its not incredibly hard, but I have been playing baseball games for a while now. It really all depends on how you are with the timing of pitches and what not.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just ordering this right now for the vita, it's not available in Australia (not sure it's getting a release here, we don't really play baseball here) so am getting the US version from the UK. I love baseball on a handheld! I won't be able to play online with my Australian account though, so.

Do any sports games save in the middle of a game?

Edited by TheKurichan

Posted · Report post

The Show on the PS3, yes...the Vita, no.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, decision.

Posted · Report post

I was able to get the Vita version for <$20. So I pulled the trigger.

Posted · Report post

I was able to get both for $20 combined. ^_^

I've only played the Vita version so far, and maybe this thread lowered my expectations a bit, but I think it's absolutely amazing looking. The faces aren't PS3 level, but aren't as bad i assumed they were gonna be. The animations/parks/lighting/etc all look top notch. It's a great looking game. Ya'll crazy!

Posted · Report post

Turn off pulse pitching. It sucks

Posted · Report post

I don't even understand it. But yeah, I went back to the meter by the 6th inning of my first exhibition game.

I'm quite pleased that after the initial load to get into the game, getting in and out of RttS games is quite zippy. Even quicker than i remember prior PS3 versions being. I reckon i'll be playing quite a bit of this.

The announcers call my player "Chubby Johnson." I'm 8.

Posted · Report post

Neogaffers have figured out pulse pitching...sort of...its completely backwards and stupid. Never use it.

I stand by my opinion that the game looks like ass compared to the ps3 game.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't think it looks like ass under any metric, but yeah the PS3 version is absolutely amazing looking. It definitely doesn't have the level of detail the ps3 version has, but to say it looks like ass is a bit disingenuous i think.

6979294355_a1b6e43e94.jpg

6833168002_42308d081b.jpg

6979294163_04219207ae.jpg

Again, no it's not the ps3 version... but that looks like "ass"?????

Also:

The Show on the PS3, yes...the Vita, no.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, decision.

First game I played I found this in the first inning...

6833167696_b694c2c7b7.jpg

Levity =

07-minister.jpg

Edited by famousmortimer

Posted · Report post

wow...where the hell did u find that on the menus?

I loved that saddam press guy. i thought he deserved a talk show here in the usa....at least a sitcom or a reality show.