Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Show off your desktop!

155 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am downright shocked to not be able to find the traditional forum thread dedicated to showing off desktops. Just appalled. Well, time to right this wrong, I say! I have a cavalcade of rotating wallpapers, but I set it to one I through together back when PH was first shown off.

picture1ej4.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

My wall usually changes pretty often. This is a new one I just recently found on 4chan. It'll probably change to another summer themed one next week.

5yanvjo.jpg

Edited by probune

Posted · Report post

Another popular forum thread is "show your gaming rig"!

I'll have to take a screenshot of my desktop later, it's probably the messiest desktop ever seen :/

Posted · Report post

Desktop.png

LAWL

Posted · Report post

Just wanted to show something I downloaded to make my desktop all pretty and more Mac-like. No anime chicks this time.

desktop2.jpg

Posted · Report post

Looks like probune's into a bit of the ol' hentai....lol

Mine happens to be a picture of my nephew, nothing video game related...

untitled.PNG

Edited by THE Final Boss

Here's my old desktop...I've formatted probably 4x since (like a year ago), and I've been to lazy to get Windows Blinds back up and running:

jay_desktop.jpg

Edited by ex0du5

Here's my old desktop...I've formatted probably 4x since (like a year ago), and I've been to lazy to get Windows Blinds back up and running:

Just a few things you might want to Photoshop out: bitcommet, having that on your desktop and running is pretty much an admitance to piracy, and project 64, ROMs are still illegal my friend.(what am I saying, I've got gens+ and ZSNESW on my desktop*delete delete delete*

Edited by THE Final Boss

Posted · Report post

Just a few things you might want to Photoshop out: bitcommet, having that on your desktop and running is pretty much an admitance to piracy

A file transfer protocol is not admittance to anything.

Posted · Report post

A file transfer protocol is not admittance to anything.

Well, it is running in the system tray, which means he is either downloading something or seeding unless he is a bad sharer :angry:

but still, unless he was downloading public domain ebooks or doom wads, it was prolly something illegal.

Well, it is running in the system tray, which means he is either downloading something or seeding unless he is a bad sharer :angry:

but still, unless he was downloading public domain ebooks or doom wads, it was prolly something illegal.

I was probably downloading StepMania song packs at the time. I used to pirate heavily though, but not since I stopped about a year and a half ago. Project 64 I used to play Ocarina of Time. While I have the cart here, I just find it looks too bad and runs too damn slow on the N64, so I played it on the emulator at a nice 60fps :) . I guess I obtained the ROM illegally though, but there was nothing morally wrong to it anyways, so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Oh yeah....and a few games there came from installing them from shared ISOs at a local LAN. Yeah I guess that was illegal.

I buy every game I play (though I will try out an ISO if there is no demo available). That being said, 85% of my purchases are console games.

Edited by ex0du5

Posted · Report post

How do you get these desktop pictures? I've always seen the threads but never knew how to do it.

Posted · Report post

How do you get these desktop pictures? I've always seen the threads but never knew how to do it.

If you're on a PC, push the print screen button and then open up paint. Hit ctrl+v and save as a jpeg, png or bmp.

I don't know how to do it on a mac, sorry :(

Posted · Report post

Here's mine:

junedesk.jpg

Posted · Report post

CJ, you have Azureus installed. You are setting a bad example to America's youth...*shakes finger*

Also, I'm sure that you use handbrake to rip those family DVD's that you have so that you can have them on your hard drive, right?

Posted · Report post

CJ, you have Azureus installed. You are setting a bad example to America's youth...*shakes finger*

Azureus is not an illegal piece of software. Occasionally, I have to use it. But I put on the eyepatch and peg leg sparingly, and mostly for work research.

Also, I'm sure that you use handbrake to rip those family DVD's that you have so that you can have them on your hard drive, right?

Handbrake isn't only used for illegal purposes. :) I think every DVD I've run through it is something I own anyway, and it's mostly so I can then convert it for play on the PSP or iPhone.

Posted · Report post

parapdt.gif

Resolutions past 1024*768 did not exist at the time of Parappa 2's release. Shame.

Posted · Report post

The Print Screen doesn't work for me, so I had to download a screen capturing program. Could be the most boring desktop ever. Enjoy..

Clipboard03.jpg

Posted · Report post

CJ, that mushroom picture is awesome. Where'd you get it?

Posted · Report post

I don't remember, oddly. Some site that had large-size, widescreen wallpapers. That's all I know. :(

Posted · Report post

picture1ny8.png

It's a new computer ("renting" it for the summer- don't ask).

Posted · Report post

I don't remember, oddly. Some site that had large-size, widescreen wallpapers. That's all I know. :(

Could be Interfacelift, didn't see that one on there though

By the way you have a massive dock, CJ. Oh God I didn't mean that the way it sounded, honest :(

Posted · Report post

Why thank you! B) Actually I removed a few things since that screenshot was taken. So... I gave it a little reduction surgery.