Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The For your Empire Super Topic

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I pretty much stopped posting podcasts over here because i felt like a wanker posting them over and over... I felt like i was taking up space or spamming or something. So instead, I'm gonna pull a Rumble Pack and just make a thread. I'm also working on a website and when i feel compelled to link to shit I'll try to do it in here.

Edited by famousmortimer

For your FYI Episode 136: The Annual Ode to Mik

mik.jpg?w=490

This week Pete and friends battle tirelessly to get better leaderboards on Unit 13, Pete and James are both impressed watching Mik draw things in Draw Something, Pete tries to start Mass Effect 3 but the internet uproar puts the brakes on everything, James is going to play Operation Flashpoint for some weird reason, Pete gets Sumioni and suckers others into it, Journey is discussed and both sides of the games as art debate are flogged, Pete discusses plans for expanding the “For your” empire, and Pete and James wax poetic for several minutes about how good the Player One Podcast is now that Mik is on it. Mik haters beware!

http://fyfyi.com/2012/03/23/fyfyi-episode-136-the-annual-ode-to-mik/

Edited by famousmortimer

Posted · Report post

Ugh.

Also, it's "brakes."

Also, I'll work on some graphics this weekend. I hope you like headers designed in DrawSomething!

Posted · Report post

It was a pun!

Thanks

Posted · Report post

After this initial push of content i'll likely only do weekly roundups in this thread as to be less spammy.

Posted · Report post

I'm impressed, Pete. Honestly. You've put together a ton of really good content in an incredibly short amount of time. Keep it up!

Posted · Report post

Wait...how bad was P1P before mik joined?

Posted · Report post

Ut oh.

It wasn't bad! Definitely not bad! And keep in mind that I think what you guys are doing is about 5000x better than what james and I are doing... but you had hit a bit of groove, which is both a good and bad thing. I mean you guys have done 200+ episodes together, so the rapport was so refined that you kinda knew what to expect each show. With mike, you never know what kind of foul hate filled nonsense he is gonna spew, like only giving 1 cent to the humble bundle which in turn gets reactions out of you guys we've never heard about. I liked Ford a lot, this isn't a knock on him, but I think by bringing someone new in it's forced you all to change up your styles a little bit. And I dig it. P1P is currently at the top of my podcast heap. It's the best show around.

Posted · Report post

I went back and listened to what you said and I think you were pretty much spot on. Mike's the perfect addition to our show and I feel like our episodes since he joined have definitely been a better quality.

But don't tell him that.

Posted · Report post

This is a fun little corollary to Pete sending me an email concerned that my feelings were hurt as a result of the P1P thread on NeoGAF. :P

Posted · Report post

I'm definitely pro-mik. I've been listening to P1P since around the woolsey episode, and while it has always been my favorite podcast through each lineup change, there is something unique that the show has gained with the current lineup that works really well.

Anyway mort, sorry for continuing the derailment of your podcast's thread with more mik discussion. I just wanted to express my opinion on the subject and this was the only place to do it.

Your stuff is also really great too, for the record! :D

Posted · Report post

Well the last podcast was about mik so technically this on topic.

Also, thank you :)

Posted · Report post

Rereading the description of the show I think that wording is a bit harsh. "how good p1p is now that mik is on it" does kinda make it sound like it wasn't good before.... but that's more my shitty writing skills than what I meant. I dont think we were that mean sounding on the show, we just were commenting on liking the dynamic mik brings. So my bad on that description.

Episode 137: Cults, Electricity, Sex Pests

electricity.gif?w=490

This week Pete is amazed by polygamist cults, James made a big, big purchase, pete made a slightly less big purchase that is a tad more frustrating, Codemaster’s does everything in their power to make James hate Operation Flashpoint, Pete gets electrocuted, the Battlefield 3 patch did more harm than good (which is incredible being that the list of ‘good’ is pretty long), pete wonders still if he needs Skyrim PS3 and he enjoys some Luxor Evolved and Age of Empires Online on Steam

http://fyfyi.com/2012/03/31/fyfyi-episode-137-cults-electricity-and-sex-pest/

Edited by famousmortimer

For some reason all the negative talk makes me want to get back in to Battlefield. I still haven't spent a lot of time with it... downloading the back to karkand (second time) now.

Alright I'm over it. No fun by yourself and I almost threw the controller through the window.

Edited by TheKurichan

Posted · Report post

I played for several hours with them on friday night and hated every fucking second of it. I even had a round where I went 12-6 and didn't have fun. How is that possible!??!? I mean doing well at a game can make me like the worst crap ever.

I'm hoping to have a lively conversation with james about this on friday... though im afraid he is just going to agree with me. I think i will need to insult him or something along the way.

Posted · Report post

I loved Bad Company 2, and still do, I don't know why I suck so bad at Battlefield 3! But it's just no fucking fun.

Also I went 6 - 21 on rush, was our third highest scorer, and we won.

Posted · Report post

I like Mik on the podcast....anything is better than Greg Ford.

Episode 138: Slony

cover.jpg?w=490

This week Pete introduces James to the horrifying world of Sweets Genius, James has all but given up on Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3, Pete suffers through some Reality Fighters, Sony is the slowest company to react to anything ever, PSN+ brings a couple high profile free games and Pete and James discuss the weirdness that is ownership.

http://fyfyi.com/2012/04/06/fyfyi-episode-138-slony/

Also, over at For your Vita Hype:

For your viewing: Hustle Kings asynchronous multiplayer video

For your viewing: Final Fantasy IV Complete (psp) and The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (psp) on the Vita

For your viewing: Unit 13 (gameplay/daily mission)

Review: Modnation Racers: Roadtrip

For your viewing: Dungeon Hunters: Alliance (iOS vs PS3 vs Vita)

For your viewing: Reality Fighters is terrible

For your viewing: Ulimate Marvel vs Capcom is way better

Edited by famousmortimer

Posted · Report post

I chucked bad company 2 back in, and I realized why I hate BF3. It's because I don't know what the fuck is happening in BF3.

Posted · Report post

Yep, that pretty succinctly sums it up.