Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sony making a mystery announcement on Feb 20

308 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Last Guardian finally gets a release date.

Posted · Report post

Next gen console

Posted · Report post

I'm actually more curious to see what Microsoft are planning because I want reasons to be excited for the next xbox.

Posted · Report post

Their version of a Nintendo Direct?

Sony should totally steal that idea. Lord knows they've got the content to make it exciting.

Posted · Report post

Has to be PS4. Right?

This year is going to be a weird one.

Posted · Report post

PS5, you heard it here first.

Posted · Report post

It is a press conference to let the world know the Vita is still on sale and has games available.

Posted · Report post

The verge are reporting it's the PS4 .. http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3939410/wsj-playstation-orbis-ps4-will-arrive-later-in-2013

If so, I'm excited to see what's on offer but why the early move? Maybe they're concerned with all the recent leaks and want to control it.

It depends a lot on what games are shown at these launch conferences and E3 but I think I'll still be going for the new xbox at launch as I have a feeling their launch line up including several 3rd party timed exclusives will be stronger, and then I'll get a PS4 next year.

Posted · Report post

Obviously it's PS4 and I'm glad, it's good to know that we finally have a clue when the next gen is starting.

Posted · Report post

I want my PS4!!!!!

Posted · Report post

I dunno how ready I am, but let it come so we can get a price drop by the time I am ready. It'll be more interesting to see if they have any games to show, which might change the equation. It'll have to be something other than Uncharted to really get me, but that's what I'm expecting.

Posted · Report post

It is a press conference to let the world know the Vita is still on sale and has games available.

I was just going to say that the announcement was the PS4 has been out for a year and nobody's been playing it who isn't related to this site.

Posted · Report post

"magical"

Posted · Report post

"magical"

I think that means it's all about the Move.

Posted · Report post

Obviously it's PS4 and I'm glad, it's good to know that we finally have a clue when the next gen is starting.

It started last November.

Posted · Report post

It's the ps4.

They best bring some vita heat with them while all eyes are on them. They won't though. Sony.

Posted · Report post

I'm very interested to see how they spread out the information over the course of the year. What do we get for this event? What, if anything, will they share at GDC? What do they save for E3 to still manage to help command attention?

My guess is that Feb. 20th will give us a very cursory glance at the hardware with a single game reveal to help sell the system performance.

The tail end of this generation has me rooting for Playstation in the next generation so I don't have to even consider owning whatever Microsoft's box is. I can't imagine the Xbox having a single exclusive I'd care for anymore or a service I'd want to start paying a subscription for again. :X

Posted · Report post

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

Oh man, would this be amazing. Hopefully it isn't disabled at random by some games. Its already weird when Miiverse decides you aren't allowed to post a screenshot.

I'm really worried about what this thing will cost. :(

Posted (edited) · Report post

That share function is the one thing that I can really get behind. It's actually very similar to why I wanted to play the PS3 version of Just Cause 2. I'd love the ability to push out video when something crazy happens.

Slightly more wary of touch pad on the controller. Though I see some use as a mouse. It does seem more likely than a full on screen like some other rumors have said.

Edited by Owozifa

Posted · Report post

Share button is very, very cool. I hope they don't pull the same crap as Vita where developers get to define when/where you can take a screenshot or add copyright information on top of it.

If anything I hope they let you broadcast to a PlayStation-only video site and include the copyright info under the video or something like that—out of the way. I think they were talking about it on 8-4 about other companies just hooking into Twitter/Facebook and that being a bad idea. I agree with that. I think the Miiverse shows that something that's a closed network only about that platform's games can be compelling.

Posted · Report post

I have to disagree. If I'm putting out video I want to be able to share to YouTube.

Posted · Report post

I'd personally prefer the video go straight to a linked youtube account, too. Much more convenient that way and there's no way that a Sony offering would be able to keep up youtube's advancements.

I'm perfectly fine with them adding copyrights or bumpers to posted content in that case, too. Though it'd be REALLY weird if they somehow wrapped it all up into an ad deal. Imagine making a video clip and then finding out a 15-second BK commercial was stapled onto it.