Reivax

New Hat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Xbox Live: Reivax81
  • PSN: Reivax_81

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

I knocked off all of Game Of Thrones season 1 a couple weekends ago. It was quite spectacular. Not the show I assumed it was. It's not "the best show I've ever seen" like my friend had told me days earlier, but totally worth it.

#162 momerath

momerath

A miserable little pile of secrets

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:momerathh
  • PSN: momerath
  • STEAM ID: msmrise

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I knocked off all of Game Of Thrones season 1 a couple weekends ago. It was quite spectacular. Not the show I assumed it was. It's not "the best show I've ever seen" like my friend had told me days earlier, but totally worth it.

It's pretty fantastic. Definitely one of the best things HBO has going for it right now, IMO.

#163 SickBoy

SickBoy

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I wouldn't have expected Game of Thrones to be so much about the politics even after the first episode... got the books for Christmas and not sure I want to read them, because I enjoy the surprises the show throws at you...
Posted Image

#164 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Anyone catch the Game of Thrones Season 2 Premiere on Sunday?

I thought it was pretty awesome. Went by pretty quickly, and it seemed like it was mostly just setting up stuff for the rest of the season, but still very interesting.

#165 juanster

juanster

Smiling Politely

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Xbox Live: juanster
  • PSN: juanster

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

I can't get enough of Shark Tank.
Posted Image

#166 SickBoy

SickBoy

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I felt a little lost with Game of Thrones at times after all the time between last season and this season, but it's awesome that it's back and that's no different from how I felt at the beginning of last season.

Saw the Hunger Games on the weekend, outside of a pack of moron junior high-schoolers in the theatre and it was pretty decent. I think I took "It's Nineteen Eighty-four for pre-teens" a bit too literally. Surprisingly violent for a movie aimed at a relatively young audience.
Posted Image

#167 Boblious

Boblious

Ico

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Live: PurpleFang
  • PSN: Boblious
  • STEAM ID: Boblious

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

Took the family to the movies to watch The Avengers today. It was pretty good too!

You could tell we don't go to the cinema often, as we all got dressed up for it. It's probably very sad now I come to think about it :(
Posted Image

#168 juanster

juanster

Smiling Politely

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Xbox Live: juanster
  • PSN: juanster

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

You could tell we don't go to the cinema often, as we all got dressed up for it.

Like the Avengers?
Posted Image

#169 Reivax

Reivax

New Hat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Xbox Live: Reivax81
  • PSN: Reivax_81

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Watched a movie recently called Resurrect Dead. It's a doc similar to Exit Through The Gift Shop. It's about a handful of guys that have been obsessing for years trying to figure out where these tiles that have been embedded into the ground all over the north eastern US and in a couple parts of South America are coming from. The tiles have been there for a few decades and are still spreading. Along with trying to figure out where they're coming from, each tile has the same wacky message, which the guys try and figure out the meaning. I really enjoyed it.

I also knocked out two older seasons of Top Chef. Watched both last week and will probably start the next one this week. Season 6 was great, even though you can predict the top 4 by the second episode. Season 6 was easily the strongest cast I'd seen up to that point.

#170 Mithrilmojo

Mithrilmojo

Hermie Hopperhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • PSN: Mithrilmojo

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Watched Don't Be Afraid of The Dark. A good B-movie horror film, and Katie Holmes makes me think Tom Cruise isn't totally crazy.

Also making my way through MI-5 on Netflix.

392096.png

#171 PlayerOneCJ

PlayerOneCJ

Player One God

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
  • Xbox Live: FullmetalCJ
  • Wii U / NNID:SuperPac
  • Wii: 4598-7706-4684-7027
  • PSN: SuperPac

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Did anyone else besides me watch Once Upon A Time this season? I started watching it 'cuz of the LOST connection (the creators were big contributors to that series) but ended up enjoying it enough to continue through. It's very much like LOST, only, with fairytale characters trapped in "our world."

Posted Image

#172 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:TheKurichan
  • PSN: kurichan78
  • STEAM ID: TheKurichan

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Game of Thrones.

Master Chef Australia, it's nice to have a bunch of people I can hate with all my energy.
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 1 Champ!
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 2 Champ!

#173 levitynyc

levitynyc

Everybody loves donuts.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,438 posts
  • Xbox Live: levitynyc
  • Wii U / NNID:levitynyc
  • PSN: levitynyc
  • STEAM ID: levitynyc

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Has anyone check out Hatfields and McCoys this week? I have all 3 episodes on my DVR and haven't watched them yet.
Posted Image

Remember kids: Friends don't let friends buy Bose.

#174 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Game of Thrones finale this weekend.

I am excited.

#175 St0ph

St0ph

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Xbox Live: Scooby Maroon
  • PSN: ScoobyMaroon

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

It's hard to imagine the finale will be as exciting as Blackwater and I'm a little worried knowing what I know about the books that they have too much to do. It's friggin Game of Thrones though so I know I wont be too let down.

#176 Owozifa

Owozifa

New Age Retro Hippie

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts
  • Xbox Live: Owozifa
  • Wii U / NNID:Owozifa
  • PSN: Owozifa
  • STEAM ID: Owozifa

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

I finally got to watch Akira tonight. I was a little prepared for it to not live up to the ridiculous weight placed upon it, but I actually ended up finding is supremely disappointing. I don't know how I'm supposed to relate to or care about the characters. They seemed to be mostly without personality to me. I appreciated the visual stylings, but it felt like such an empty film. I'm just not at all satisfied with my reaction, because the positive reviews on this thing are bursting with praise, but I still just can't see it on the screen.
Persons attempting to find a Motive in the above post will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a Moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a Point in it will be shot.

Posted Image

#177 St0ph

St0ph

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Xbox Live: Scooby Maroon
  • PSN: ScoobyMaroon

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX yesterday. I haven't seen that movie all the way though in a while and never at all on the big screen so it was pretty neat. It's playing for one week only in IMAX if you're interested in checking it out. It seems like quite a few theaters are showing it so there's probably one near you.

Lately I've been looking to check out some of my favorites on the big screen and Raiders was a cool way to kick that off. Lawrence of Arabia is next on my list. It's going to be in a bunch of theaters October 4th for its 50th anniversary and I'm pretty excited about it.

Edited by St0ph, 08 September 2012 - 02:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users