Reivax

New Hat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Xbox Live: Reivax81
  • PSN: Reivax_81

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

I knocked off all of Game Of Thrones season 1 a couple weekends ago. It was quite spectacular. Not the show I assumed it was. It's not "the best show I've ever seen" like my friend had told me days earlier, but totally worth it.

#162 momerath

momerath

A miserable little pile of secrets

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:momerathh
  • PSN: momerath
  • STEAM ID: msmrise

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I knocked off all of Game Of Thrones season 1 a couple weekends ago. It was quite spectacular. Not the show I assumed it was. It's not "the best show I've ever seen" like my friend had told me days earlier, but totally worth it.

It's pretty fantastic. Definitely one of the best things HBO has going for it right now, IMO.

#163 SickBoy

SickBoy

Sewer Shark

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I wouldn't have expected Game of Thrones to be so much about the politics even after the first episode... got the books for Christmas and not sure I want to read them, because I enjoy the surprises the show throws at you...
Posted Image

#164 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Anyone catch the Game of Thrones Season 2 Premiere on Sunday?

I thought it was pretty awesome. Went by pretty quickly, and it seemed like it was mostly just setting up stuff for the rest of the season, but still very interesting.

#165 juanster

juanster

Smiling Politely

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Xbox Live: juanster
  • PSN: juanster

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

I can't get enough of Shark Tank.
Posted Image

#166 SickBoy

SickBoy

Sewer Shark

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I felt a little lost with Game of Thrones at times after all the time between last season and this season, but it's awesome that it's back and that's no different from how I felt at the beginning of last season.

Saw the Hunger Games on the weekend, outside of a pack of moron junior high-schoolers in the theatre and it was pretty decent. I think I took "It's Nineteen Eighty-four for pre-teens" a bit too literally. Surprisingly violent for a movie aimed at a relatively young audience.
Posted Image

#167 Boblious

Boblious

Ico

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Live: PurpleFang
  • PSN: Boblious
  • STEAM ID: Boblious

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

Took the family to the movies to watch The Avengers today. It was pretty good too!

You could tell we don't go to the cinema often, as we all got dressed up for it. It's probably very sad now I come to think about it :(
Posted Image

#168 juanster

juanster

Smiling Politely

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Xbox Live: juanster
  • PSN: juanster

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

You could tell we don't go to the cinema often, as we all got dressed up for it.

Like the Avengers?
Posted Image

#169 Reivax

Reivax

New Hat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Xbox Live: Reivax81
  • PSN: Reivax_81

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Watched a movie recently called Resurrect Dead. It's a doc similar to Exit Through The Gift Shop. It's about a handful of guys that have been obsessing for years trying to figure out where these tiles that have been embedded into the ground all over the north eastern US and in a couple parts of South America are coming from. The tiles have been there for a few decades and are still spreading. Along with trying to figure out where they're coming from, each tile has the same wacky message, which the guys try and figure out the meaning. I really enjoyed it.

I also knocked out two older seasons of Top Chef. Watched both last week and will probably start the next one this week. Season 6 was great, even though you can predict the top 4 by the second episode. Season 6 was easily the strongest cast I'd seen up to that point.

#170 Mithrilmojo

Mithrilmojo

Hermie Hopperhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • PSN: Mithrilmojo

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Watched Don't Be Afraid of The Dark. A good B-movie horror film, and Katie Holmes makes me think Tom Cruise isn't totally crazy.

Also making my way through MI-5 on Netflix.

392096.png

#171 PlayerOneCJ

PlayerOneCJ

Player One God

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,494 posts
  • Xbox Live: FullmetalCJ
  • Wii U / NNID:SuperPac
  • Wii: 4598-7706-4684-7027
  • PSN: SuperPac

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Did anyone else besides me watch Once Upon A Time this season? I started watching it 'cuz of the LOST connection (the creators were big contributors to that series) but ended up enjoying it enough to continue through. It's very much like LOST, only, with fairytale characters trapped in "our world."

Posted Image

#172 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:TheKurichan
  • PSN: kurichan78
  • STEAM ID: TheKurichan

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Game of Thrones.

Master Chef Australia, it's nice to have a bunch of people I can hate with all my energy.
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 1 Champ!
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 2 Champ!

#173 levitynyc

levitynyc

Everybody loves donuts.

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,862 posts
  • Xbox Live: levitynyc
  • Wii U / NNID:levitynyc
  • PSN: levitynyc
  • STEAM ID: levitynyc

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Has anyone check out Hatfields and McCoys this week? I have all 3 episodes on my DVR and haven't watched them yet.
Posted Image

Remember kids: Friends don't let friends buy Bose.

#174 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Game of Thrones finale this weekend.

I am excited.

#175 St0ph

St0ph

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Xbox Live: Scooby Maroon
  • PSN: ScoobyMaroon

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

It's hard to imagine the finale will be as exciting as Blackwater and I'm a little worried knowing what I know about the books that they have too much to do. It's friggin Game of Thrones though so I know I wont be too let down.

#176 Owozifa

Owozifa

New Age Retro Hippie

• Super Old Timer
  • 5,542 posts
  • Xbox Live: Owozifa
  • Wii U / NNID:Owozifa
  • PSN: Owozifa
  • STEAM ID: Owozifa

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

I finally got to watch Akira tonight. I was a little prepared for it to not live up to the ridiculous weight placed upon it, but I actually ended up finding is supremely disappointing. I don't know how I'm supposed to relate to or care about the characters. They seemed to be mostly without personality to me. I appreciated the visual stylings, but it felt like such an empty film. I'm just not at all satisfied with my reaction, because the positive reviews on this thing are bursting with praise, but I still just can't see it on the screen.
Persons attempting to find a Motive in the above post will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a Moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a Point in it will be shot.

Posted Image

#177 St0ph

St0ph

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Xbox Live: Scooby Maroon
  • PSN: ScoobyMaroon

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX yesterday. I haven't seen that movie all the way though in a while and never at all on the big screen so it was pretty neat. It's playing for one week only in IMAX if you're interested in checking it out. It seems like quite a few theaters are showing it so there's probably one near you.

Lately I've been looking to check out some of my favorites on the big screen and Raiders was a cool way to kick that off. Lawrence of Arabia is next on my list. It's going to be in a bunch of theaters October 4th for its 50th anniversary and I'm pretty excited about it.

Edited by St0ph, 08 September 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#178 Compeau

Compeau

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 5,479 posts
  • Xbox Live: Compeau
  • Wii U / NNID:Compeau
  • PSN: Compeau

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

I finally got to watch Akira tonight. I was a little prepared for it to not live up to the ridiculous weight placed upon it, but I actually ended up finding is supremely disappointing. I don't know how I'm supposed to relate to or care about the characters. They seemed to be mostly without personality to me. I appreciated the visual stylings, but it felt like such an empty film. I'm just not at all satisfied with my reaction, because the positive reviews on this thing are bursting with praise, but I still just can't see it on the screen.

I was never a fan of Akira.  Visually it's great, but the story never really grabbed me.  I know for a while in the 90s it was "the" anime movie that everybody raved about, but I think a lot of people agree with your viewpoint.

#179 Penn_Weizen

Penn_Weizen

Bad Mister Frosty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:PennWeizen
  • PSN: Penn_Weizen

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Does anyone watch Hannibal? I'm catching up on the second season and am really surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. It isn't flawless, but it's written really well and the acting is great. It's way better than you would think a show about Hannibal Lecter would be. It's not for the squeamish though. Sometime the gore factor is off the charts. 

#180 Sean697

Sean697

Snatcher

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:Sean697
  • PSN: SeanC697
  • STEAM ID: Hecosean

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

I binge watched Hannibal last month. Not what I was expecting, meaning it was amazing. It carries a story arc throughout the show that is compelling. The head games and story are amazing. It creates real tension while watching. The depth if characters and their development is some if the best on Nefwork TV. And the camera work and visuals are stunning and sureal. And let's not forget the creep you the fuck out music with the theremin that excellently fits the show and builds suspense and mystery. I totally like the show better than the movies. It is VERY graphic, but it portrays the mind if serial killers and a sympathetic angle and sinister angle like no other. Don't eat while watching this show. So yes I watch it and it's great.

#181 Penn_Weizen

Penn_Weizen

Bad Mister Frosty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Yep. It frustrates me that the show is struggling with ratings while everyone I know was heaping praise on True Detective, which I thought was a pile of crap. I hope it sticks around for a few more seasons, or gets picked up by Netflix if NBC drops it. They've said that season 4 would be the Red Dragon storyline and maybe they would do Silence of the Lambs if they can get the rights.

edit: typo

Edited by Penn_Weizen, 08 July 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#182 Compeau

Compeau

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

Have you watched the Fargo miniseries?  It's really good.

#183 Penn_Weizen

Penn_Weizen

Bad Mister Frosty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Have you watched the Fargo miniseries?  It's really good.

That's what I've heard. I don't get FX so if it shows up on Amazon Prime I'll check it out. I'm also a bit hesitant for the same reason many aren't watching Hannibal: prejudice due to love for an existing version of the IP.

#184 Compeau

Compeau

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

That's what I've heard. I don't get FX so if it shows up on Amazon Prime I'll check it out. I'm also a bit hesitant for the same reason many aren't watching Hannibal: prejudice due to love for an existing version of the IP.

It's a completely different story that has a similar setting and themes.

#185 Sean697

Sean697

Snatcher

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Fargo was also great. It is not the same as the movie. I also really liked True Detective, but for different reasons.

#186 Jonnjonzz

Jonnjonzz

Bake'em away Toys.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Xbox Live: MarcoXavier
  • PSN: Dorty86
  • STEAM ID: Jonnjonzz

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

I am from Minnesota. I hate Fargo.

Posted Image

#187 thegreenburrito

thegreenburrito

Solid Snake

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Xbox Live: iLVth3powrglove
  • PSN: iLVth3powrglov3

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

I'm living in Fargo, its decent.
Posted Image

#188 PlayerOneCJ

PlayerOneCJ

Player One God

• Root Admin
  • 7,494 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Anyone watching Nathan For You season 2?

Posted Image

#189 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Anyone watching Nathan For You season 2?

What the fuck is this?

#190 tsamba

tsamba

Wonderdog

• Old Timer
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:ascottx

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

That was a pretty funny clip. Will check it out next time it's on. 

I'm not watching much lately because not much is in season, but I've been watching (and I'm reluctant to admit this) Teen Wolf. I'm telling myself that it's a successor to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Show can be kind of funny, and the big bads are usually drawn from real myths.

And Halt and Catch Fire. Can't say I've really enjoyed Halt and Catch Fire yet, but for some reason I haven't lost interest to the point of not watching it.

#191 Owozifa

Owozifa

New Age Retro Hippie

• Super Old Timer
  • 5,542 posts
  • Xbox Live: Owozifa
  • Wii U / NNID:Owozifa
  • PSN: Owozifa
  • STEAM ID: Owozifa

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

This thread always makes me feel like everyone is speaking moon language.

Persons attempting to find a Motive in the above post will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a Moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a Point in it will be shot.

Posted Image

#192 Compeau

Compeau

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

This thread always makes me feel like everyone is speaking moon language.

#193 PlayerOneCJ

PlayerOneCJ

Player One God

• Root Admin
  • 7,494 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

What the fuck is this?

It's a very, very funny show running on Comedy Central. I believe the first season episodes are all streaming for free there (if you're not in the U.S. you're probably screwed tho'). I watched the first season on Hulu but have been buying season 2 episodes off iTunes since it's so consistently funny/weird.

Posted Image

#194 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

It's a very, very funny show running on Comedy Central. I believe the first season episodes are all streaming for free there (if you're not in the U.S. you're probably screwed tho'). I watched the first season on Hulu but have been buying season 2 episodes off iTunes since it's so consistently funny/weird.

"Not grandson's, any little kid..."

Wow, I don't know what I am watching, but it's funny.

I will check it out, all Australians are criminals so I will find a way to see the show. ;)

edit: Watched a couple of season 1 episodes, it's a funny show. The Hunk episode is great.

Edited by TheKurichan, 14 July 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#195 tsamba

tsamba

Wonderdog

• Old Timer
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:ascottx

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

I watched the first episode of The Strain, a Guillermo del Toro joint on FX, this first episode was even directed by Guillermo del Toro. Definitely a new (to me) take on vampires — biological and not romantic.

I also like the main character's sub plot so far.

#196 Compeau

Compeau

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

I watched the first episode of The Strain, a Guillermo del Toro joint on FX, this first episode was even directed by Guillermo del Toro. Definitely a new (to me) take on vampires — biological and not romantic.

I also like the main character's sub plot so far.

I thought it was pretty good.  Likable Wander Frey is hard to get used to.

#197 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

It was alright. I am always willing to give de Toro a chance. I hate vampire stories, but this is much more interesting idea.

#198 Sean697

Sean697

Snatcher

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

I tried watching the Leftovers on HBO. Man, that is depressing as hell show. It's set 3 years after 160 million people disappear from the Earth. (Rapture? They never say for sure because nobody knows.) Everyone is all angry and sad and messed up. The world goes on but people are just super messed up from having people they know and love just leave them behind. It's pretty good as far as most HBO shows are. But like I said, watching these people is very depressing. Imagine people dealing with the loss of a child, exept it's the entire planet.

#199 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

Doers anyone watch the Americans? It's such a great show, really interesting characters, I like shows that make the "bad guy" likeable.

#200 Sean697

Sean697

Snatcher

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

Doers anyone watch the Americans? It's such a great show, really interesting characters, I like shows that make the "bad guy" likeable.

My favorite show on television. Well it's a toss up between that and Game of Thrones. They had a plot involving an Intellivision last season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users