Photo

Halo Reach Beta - May 3rd

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Halo Reach Beta (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be trying the Reach beta?

1. Yes (18 votes [94.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.74%

2. No (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

3. Undecided (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

Don't fuck with this senator!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,849 posts
  • Xbox Live: Kirbutashi
  • Wii U / NNID:Kirbutashi
  • Wii: 4591-0447-7245-4168
  • PSN: Kirbutashi

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hey, all. We've got two less than two weeks to go until the Reach beta. There are already some great summaries of what to expect, but I figured that I would cut out all the new hats for the less inclined. Clicking is pretty hard, I know. Copy and pasting Ghaleon's gaf post, however, is not. Less essential knowledge will just be spoiler tagged.

To get into the Beta | Download and launch the Reach Beta through the 'Intel' menu of the Halo 3: ODST Campaign disc.

What's New, At a Glance:
  • Armor Abilities
  • Loadouts
  • Elite and Spartan differences
  • New gametypes with different spawn mechanics (e.g. spawning on your buddy)
  • New guns
  • New matchmaking system, cosmetic gifts

What's Changed since Halo 3: Fall damage is back, as is health. Dual wielding is out.

Gameplay | Significant new systems and additions that impact combat.

Spartans vs. Elites | The different player models are no longer equivalent - their capabilities are very different and feature prominently in the certain game types.

Usage | The Spartan is the default player model for most game types. In Invasion and Generator Defense games, games are one-sided with Elites attacking and Spartans defending.

Size Matters | Relative to Spartans, Elites are significantly larger, have more health, move much faster, and recharge their shields more quickly.

Health | Spartan health bars recharge in sections: up to the nearest third lost. (i.e., lose nearly all your health, it recharges 1/3 back). The remainder requires health packs. Elites health recharges completely.

Loadouts | Playlist-specific combinations of weapons and Armor Abilities, selected in the pre-game lobby and between spawns. [Detailed below]

Posted Image Posted Image

Assassinations | An optional flourish added to from-behind melee kills, triggered by holding down the melee button. Essentially a way to rub in a kill, they render the player vulnerable for a few seconds as they are performed.

3D Quicktime of an air-to-air assassination (save-as).

Spawn System | Players can selection from a list of spawn locations after dying. In addition, in the Invasion game type players are paired with a fire team partner (or "battle bro") and can choose to spawn by them, co-op style, as long as they are away from enemies.

Player Rank & Reward Systems
Spoiler

The Arena
Spoiler

New Gametypes | Generator Defense and Invasion will be in their own playlists. The other gametypes will be mixed into Arena, FFA and Grab Bag; I'll update what appears where when that information is published.

Invasion | Players: 6v6 | A multistage, Elites vs. Spartans objective gametype, set entirely on Boneyard in the Beta. The objective is for the attacking Elites to capture a Data Core.

• Each team is formed of three pairs of fire teams, with Elites attacking and Spartans defending.
  • Players can choose to spawn by their fire team partner, if they are away from the opposing team, or choose from the list of spawn locations.
  • The game takes place over three distinct phases, with new Loadouts, vehicles and sections of the map unlocking at each phase.
  • Phase 1: Attackers try to unlock the Vault the Data Core is located in by capturing a set of territories.
  • Phase 2: Attackers open the Vault to access the Data Core.
  • Phase 3: Attackers steal and transport the Data Core to a Phantom for extraction.
  • Each Phase lasts four minutes; if the objective is not completed on time, the game ends. Completing a phase extends the game into the next.
  • In the Beta, a game of Invasion is one-sided, to increase matchmaking churn.
Invasion Slayer | Players: 6v6 | A Slayer-focused Invasion variant, also Elites vs. Spartans set on Boneyard.
  • Scoring is based on kills, first team to 100 kills wins.
  • Similar to Invasion, the game evolves in Phases, unlocking Loadouts and vehicles at each: Phase 2 begins when a team hits 25 kills, Phase 3 when 50 kills are reached.
  • Roaming reinforcement territories move around the map, and can be captured to air-drop in additional supplies (which drop after a countdown and can be taken by either team). The air drops get better from Phase to Phase.

Headhunter | Players: FFA - 8 | FFA game blending Slayer and objectives.
  • Players drop a single flaming skull when killed which must be collected and deposited into a depository - which moves frequently - to score points.
  • The number of skulls a player is carrying is displayed in a waypoint over their head which everyone can see.
  • Game ends when 1) time is up, where the player with the most skulls deposited wins, OR 2) when one player deposits 10 skulls at once.
Posted Image

Stockpile | Players: TBD | Team-based objective game where the goal is collect and score neutral flags.
  • Four flags spawn randomly in any of ten locations, for either team to snag and return to their capture zone.
  • Every sixty seconds, all flags in the capture points are scored, and the flags reset at new random locations.
  • Only flags inside the capture point (even being carried) when the timer sounds at the end of each minute scores a point.
  • Opposing teams can remove flags from the enemy capture point before they are scored.
  • The game runs for ten one-minute rounds, with the team scoring the most points at the end winning.
Posted Image

Generator Defense (Network Test 1) | Players: 3v3 | A network test disguised as an objective gametype, Elites vs. Spartans.
  • Elites attack, with the goal of destroying three generators on the map, with Spartans defending.
  • Spartans can lock down generators for ~30 seconds at a time, after which the generator must cool down and is vulnerable.
  • Power weapons are distributed via air drop to random locations on the map.
  • Team with most generators destroyed after one round of offense each wins.
Posted Image

Returning Gametypes
Spoiler

Maps
Sword Base | Playlists: TBD | A five-level deep indoors map with an open space between sides, reminiscent of Boarding Action or Prisoner.

Powerhouse | Playlists: TBD | An asymmetric, midsized map set in and around a hydraulic power station.

Overlook | Asymmetric, open map featured only in the Generator Defense playlist in the Beta.

Posted Image

Boneyard | The largest map in the series to date, set amidst the skeleton of a decommissioned ship being disassembled, used only for Invasion (in the Beta).

Armor Abilities | The evolution of Halo 3's Equipment, Armor Abilities can be used indefinitely, after a short recharge. They are selected as part of a Loadout.

Jetpack | Elites and Spartans | Enables flight for a brief time. On the downside, it's noisy, makes you an easy target, and you can take fall damage if you drop from the max height.

Active Camo | Elites and Spartans | Renders the user nearly invisible, and scrambles the radar of anyone nearby, including the user, altering players that someone is camouflaged. The faster you move the more visible you are.

Armor Lock | Elites and Spartans | User locks into place and deflects all weaponry and vehicles - effectively a temporary invulnerability. The ability has three levels of effect, from a brief pause to a prolonged stance with an EMP fired off at the end to drain shields and disable vehicles - friendly and hostile. The user is stationary and thus exposed for retaliation.

Sprint | Spartans Only | Enables Spartans to briefly run about the same speed that Elites move at native speed. Cannot fire weapons while sprinting.

Evade | Elites Only | A diving roll that enables Elites to shed locks (Needler, Plasma Launcher), get behind opponents quickly and dive into cover with speed. can be used twice before recharging.

Returning Weapons
Spoiler

New Weapons | Weapons new to Halo: Reach. (Click for high-res version.)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) | The new BR. Single-shot, 3x zoom, the go-to rifle for mid to long range.

Magnum | The same stopping power as the DMR, in a smaller package. Higher rate of fire is offset by the 2x zoom, shorter range and lower accuracy when firing rapidly.

Grenade Launcher| AKA, the "pro pipe". Single shot per magazine. Secondary fire: hold the trigger to "cook" until ready to serve; "cooked" grenades let off an EMP, ideal for knocking out vehicles.

Plasma Repeater | The AR for Elites. Rapid-fire plasma weapon.

Focus Rifle | A cross between the Beam Rifle and Sentinel Beam, it fires a long-range sustained beam that cuts through shields and armor in seconds.

Needle Rifle | The Covenant answer to the DMR. Fires needles at mid to long range; if three impact on soft tissue (ie, not shields) they super combine and explode.

Plasma Launcher | Fires 1-4 explosive, tracking plasma missiles, with a charge up similar to the Spartan Laser.

Vehicles
Spoiler

#2 levitynyc

levitynyc

Everybody loves donuts.

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,871 posts
  • Xbox Live: levitynyc
  • Wii U / NNID:levitynyc
  • PSN: levitynyc
  • STEAM ID: levitynyc

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Damn, it almost seems like they could release this as 15 dollar DLC and sell a shitload.
Posted Image

Remember kids: Friends don't let friends buy Bose.

#3 DistantStorm

DistantStorm

Fights in the Shade

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • Xbox Live: DistantStorm
  • PSN: DistantStorm-X

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

nice summary. i'm definitely in; although i think i'll skip the day 1 trainwreck that's sure to occur as everyone tries to get in the front door at once. i can pretty much garauntee the server load will be "more than anticipated", and "catch them completely by surprise", even though it's a freaking HALO beta.
Posted Image

-What if all the world's inside of your head- -Just creations of your own-
-Your Devils and your Gods- -All the living and the dead-
-And you're really all alone-

#4 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

Aw, the day one trainwreck is part of the fun! The slow march of the Halo 3 beta download was a spectacle.

#5 ex0du5

ex0du5

Treasure Hunter

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,889 posts
  • PSN: TheExodu5

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

And how do you get into the beta?

#6 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

Sorry, forgot to copy that.

To get into the Beta | Download and launch the Reach Beta through the 'Intel' menu of the Halo 3: ODST Campaign disc.

#7 JDUB X

JDUB X

Howard the Duck

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • Xbox Live: JDUB XL
  • PSN: JDUB_X

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:13 PM

Rapid increase of used copies of ODST being bought confirmed

#8 levitynyc

levitynyc

Everybody loves donuts.

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,871 posts
  • Xbox Live: levitynyc
  • Wii U / NNID:levitynyc
  • PSN: levitynyc
  • STEAM ID: levitynyc

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

I saved my copy. I bought the last halo 3 DLC pack and sold the ODST / HAlo 3 multiplayer disc
Posted Image

Remember kids: Friends don't let friends buy Bose.

#9 RareMonkey

RareMonkey

Blood Wake

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Xbox Live: Rare Monkey
  • PSN: RareMonkey23
  • STEAM ID: raremonkey

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

I know that I will be playing this, will probably start playing halo 3 again so I can get some skill back at the game.

XBL: Rare Monkey
Wii: Haven't hooked it up to the internet
PSN: Raremonkey23
76561197992617740.png

#10 JDUB X

JDUB X

Howard the Duck

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • Xbox Live: JDUB XL
  • PSN: JDUB_X

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

I know that I will be playing this, will probably start playing halo 3 again so I can get some skill back at the game.

That's what I started doing too.

#11 Indy aka Rex

Indy aka Rex

DRAMA

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,502 posts
  • Xbox Live: Indy aka Rex
  • PSN: Indy-aka-Rex

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

Holy crap, I might actually enjoy a Halo multiplayer component!? DAAAAMN.

#12 Kholdstare

Kholdstare

Mr. Positive

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Xbox Live: KhoIdstare
  • PSN: Kholdstare101

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

Someone needs to organize a Halo Reach gamenight.

#13 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

I'm hoping CJ will care enough to hype it a little on the podcast. I doubt we can get the same numbers as we did back during the Halo 3 beta, but I don't doubt that we could fetch a nice big party for BTB. Here's hoping someone figures out how to glitch the beta for custom games again.

#14 DistantStorm

DistantStorm

Fights in the Shade

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

I'm hoping CJ will care enough to hype it a little on the podcast. I doubt we can get the same numbers as we did back during the Halo 3 beta, but I don't doubt that we could fetch a nice big party for BTB. Here's hoping someone figures out how to glitch the beta for custom games again.

man, i had totally forgotten custom games were not part of the original H3 beta. that was without a doubt, the best of the P1P Game Nights; truly one for the ages. hopefully when Reach has its turn, it will be similar in scale and spectacle.
Posted Image

#15 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

New vidoc is up for the beta.

#16 probune

probune

Elitist

• Super Old Timer
  • 8,035 posts
  • Xbox Live: probune
  • Wii: 8338 9162 1499 9590
  • PSN: probune
  • STEAM ID: probune

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

I'm glad this topic is here to remind me when the beta is, because I keep on forgetting.

#17 RareMonkey

RareMonkey

Blood Wake

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

Ok that vidoc was enough to get me to play halo 3 tonight.

76561197992617740.png

#18 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'll save my Halo playin' for closer to the beta. Gotta help make the dinosaurs extinct again first.

#19 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

So, are Friday nights still the ideal time for game nights? Or do we want to push this into the work week? I'm up for whatever so fill me in if you've got objections before I start promoting a schedule.

#20 Wenny

Wenny

Non compos mentis

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,076 posts
  • Xbox Live: W3nny
  • Wii U / NNID:Moondoggy
  • PSN: Wenny
  • STEAM ID: scotryder

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

So, are Friday nights still the ideal time for game nights? Or do we want to push this into the work week? I'm up for whatever so fill me in if you've got objections before I start promoting a schedule.

How can you even plan this? Haven't you heard? Red Steel 3 confirmed! :>
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 Spiz

Spiz

Still Kicking

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • Xbox Live: Spizarelli
  • PSN: Spizarelli
  • STEAM ID: Spizarelli

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hopefully I can score a beta code somewhere or I guess I can rent ODST from Blockbuster. I definitely want to check it out.

fart

#22 SwimOdin

SwimOdin

Water is very harmful for draculas

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Xbox Live: SwimOdin
  • Wii U / NNID:SwimOdin
  • PSN: SwimOdin
  • STEAM ID: SwimOdin

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

My vote depends on if I go to my friend's wife's graduation tomorrow (he has an extra copy of ODST).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 RareMonkey

RareMonkey

Blood Wake

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

Well my schedule changes all the time so not sure when I can but Friday the 7th works out for me.

76561197992617740.png

#24 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Yea, looks like we'll be sticking to the usual time of 9PM EST next Friday if no one has any objections.

#25 probune

probune

Elitist

• Super Old Timer
  • 8,035 posts
  • Xbox Live: probune
  • Wii: 8338 9162 1499 9590
  • PSN: probune
  • STEAM ID: probune

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

I probably won't be able to play long if I can play at all since I work on that weekend.

#26 Kholdstare

Kholdstare

Mr. Positive

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Xbox Live: KhoIdstare
  • PSN: Kholdstare101

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:19 AM

Unless you're using a power weapon it takes way too long to kill someone. At anything but close range a good player will find a way to recharge his shields. Add in Armor Lock and this game slows right down.

Covie slayers was a lot of fun at first. You move hella fast, you have one of the best abilities in the game (evade), and you can start with a needle rifle. After a game or two the fun wore off and I started noticing of the problems. The problem with enemies having too much health is intensified with these more resilient and faster foes. Unless you have a power weapon your enemy can just roll away and quickly regain his shields. It also pushes every player to use nothing but plasma grenades to stick enemies. Just roll around and stick the large hit boxes. Overall though the increased speed and NR to start makes me prefer it over regular slayer.

I don't feel like the game gives me enough feedback when I'm getting shot. It might just be because I'm not used to the game, but as of right now there are times where I die a lot faster than expected. In Halo 3 and Halo 2 I could tell how much health I had without having to look up at the top of the screen to see my health bar. You would just know.

The target reticule and the rest of the hug needs to be darkened a small bit. On power house there are moments when I can't properly make out my reticule or how much shield I have left against the blue sky.

Grenades need to be addressed. I don't particularity mind the damage increase but they are too powerful to give each player two of them each spawn. Lower it down to one or decrease the damage a bit. I feel like they make Armor Lock a must in a lot of situation.

General weapon thoughts:

- DMR is quite fun to use. Though I sort of prefer the NR because I can shoot the projectiles in bursts. More damage per shot for both would help.

- The pistol feels weird. It will take some getting used to. It feels a little weak but I've played against a few players who've destroyed me with it (A lot of top Halo MLG players on tonight).

- Assault rifle feels kind of weak. It doesn't really have that feel of power behind it. Plasma Repeater feels good though.

- Grenade Launcher is amazingly fun to use. As far as power weapons go this has to be my new favourite. Feels powerful but not overwhelmingly so.

- Focus Rifle is a nice counter to the normal sniper rifle. I really like the damage output on this thing. Feels like I'm melting my opponents.

- The Plasma Launcher is very powerful. Though the start up time before shooting and armor lock sort of keep it from being too good.

- The rocket launcher feels stronger than before. Maybe it's just me.

I may sound pretty negative about this game but I'm still having fun. I think the power weapons feel powerful, but most of the main weapons lack the damage and could use a little work (especially the grenades). Up the damage on the DMR/NR and lower the damage on the grenades and I think the game would be great.

#27 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

I, um, looked at the menus for a bit. >_>

#28 Sunflower4000

Sunflower4000

Blood Wake

• Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Xbox Live: Sunflower4000

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

If I'm around, hit me up. It'd be a pleasure to play with you guys. :)
Looking for an hour and a half of gaming podcast goodness? Try the Noobtoob Modcast - http://noobtoobmodcast.blogspot.com or the iTunes store!
Posted Image
"Feel the velvet, baby."
PSN ID: Sunflower4000

#29 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

I'll send out invites to anyone on the beta. :)

#30 DistantStorm

DistantStorm

Fights in the Shade

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

Yea, looks like we'll be sticking to the usual time of 9PM EST next Friday if no one has any objections.

i am all in for this one; my three week staycation starts tomorrow, so there will be a LOT of Beta playing going on!
Posted Image

#31 The MC Hammer

The MC Hammer

Super Mario

• Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Xbox Live: UltraMega MC
  • PSN: UltraMegaMC

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

Count me in! I haven't really kept up w/ all the Reach news, but my curiosity and excitement are increasing every day. I can't wait to get into some Reach this week!
XBox Live Gamertag: UltraMega MC
PSN ID: UltraMegaMC

#32 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:41 AM

From what little I've got to play over the weekend, the armor abilities are a lot of fun. I haven't quite gotten the armor lock down, as people usually just hover around me and then I die immediately after coming out of it. The Elite dodge roll is surprisingly useful.

Now that the beta is public, maybe someone will actually be around to play with tonight...
Spoiler

#33 Indy aka Rex

Indy aka Rex

DRAMA

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

It's May 3rd and where the fuck is my ODST beta option Bungie!?

#34 PlayerOneCJ

PlayerOneCJ

Player One God

• Root Admin
  • 7,513 posts
  • Xbox Live: FullmetalCJ
  • Wii U / NNID:SuperPac
  • Wii: 4598-7706-4684-7027
  • PSN: SuperPac

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

I thought they said it would go up around noon PST?

Posted Image

#35 Indy aka Rex

Indy aka Rex

DRAMA

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

I thought they said it would go up around noon PST?

Yeah I just read that, I find it stupid what those of us who paid money for ODST and to get in the beta have to wait for something that has been up for the better part of a week now.

#36 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

When does the Beta officially begin?
ODST owners will be able to access the Reach beta "late morning" PDT on Monday, May 3rd. Just put your ODST campaign disc in and select the Reach Beta menu option.

"Late morning?" Can't you tell us the exact time?
Late morning (Pacific Daylight Time) is as exact as we can get right now. As soon as the switch is flipped and the beta is active, we'll be sure to spread the word.

MS put out a KICK BUTT SUCK MY PENIS video detailing all the new stuff in Reach. You can also watch it through the ODST disc.

#37 minus_273

minus_273

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Xbox Live: ZeroCrypto
  • PSN: ZeroCrypto

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

Yeah I just read that, I find it stupid what those of us who paid money for ODST and to get in the beta have to wait for something that has been up for the better part of a week now.

its a beta. it is not a demo. it is not a free game. they are actually testing it.

#38 Indy aka Rex

Indy aka Rex

DRAMA

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

its a beta. it is not a demo. it is not a free game. they are actually testing it.

Your point being? People PAID MONEY to have access to a BETA. Whether it's a test or not is irrelevant - if it was a matter of testing then Bungie should've spread Beta access codes to outside sources to keep for themselves, not to give out.

Those who paid for ODST with hopes to also have access should have a higher priority than this, after all Microsoft and Bungie sold ODST with a "HALO REACH: BETA!" sticker on every copy of ODST. After this, if Bungie's next game has a beta and Activision decides to pull off a similar stunt, I might as well just wait for a beta code on twitter or facebook, or go after any of the other 150 websites that gave away early access codes.

#39 minus_273

minus_273

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Xbox Live: ZeroCrypto
  • PSN: ZeroCrypto

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

Your point being? People PAID MONEY to have access to a BETA. Whether it's a test or not is irrelevant - if it was a matter of testing then Bungie should've spread Beta access codes to outside sources to keep for themselves, not to give out.

Those who paid for ODST with hopes to also have access should have a higher priority than this, after all Microsoft and Bungie sold ODST with a "HALO REACH: BETA!" sticker on every copy of ODST. After this, if Bungie's next game has a beta and Activision decides to pull off a similar stunt, I might as well just wait for a beta code on twitter or facebook, or go after any of the other 150 websites that gave away early access codes.

my point being since this is a test of the multi player system, it doesnt make sense to open it up to everyone immediately. There is a big difference between a few thousand and millions of users.

#40 Indy aka Rex

Indy aka Rex

DRAMA

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:49 AM

my point being since this is a test of the multi player system, it doesnt make sense to open it up to everyone immediately. There is a big difference between a few thousand and millions of users.

Again: That's IRRELEVANT. Once they started gifting beta codes en masse, it ceased to be a closed beta, whether it's a thousand or a million - making people who PAID MONEY wait for something that has been available for over a week renders the whole thing moot and it's still bullshit. You can try to justify it as claiming it's a "beta test" but that still doesn't change the fact that they're keeping it from people who paid money just so they could participate.

They already set the precedent by advertising and selling it, it's no longer about testing a product and putting it out to a public who DIDN'T pay to participate is not justifiable by any means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users