• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,490 posts
  • Xbox Live: FullmetalCJ
  • Wii U / NNID:SuperPac
  • Wii: 4598-7706-4684-7027
  • PSN: SuperPac

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

This week! This is a podcast about games, so we talk about them a lot. Oh, and also, parenting. But back to games - this episodes contains discussions of Swapnote, NFL Blitz, Bionic Commando, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Space Pirates and Zombies, Gemini Rue, and Stranger's Wrath HD, just to name a few. Plus, full game trials, PS Vita models, most anticipated games of 2012, and more. Enjoy it!

Check out Greg's new web series Generation 16 (Episode 2 now available) - click here. And take a trip over to Phil's YouTube Channel to see some awesome retro game vids.

Own an iPhone/iPod touch? We've got an app for that--the Player One Podcast player app is available now. Play shows new and old, read show notes, access the show Twitter, website, email, voicemail line and more! Plus, you'll be able to access bonus audio and video content (soon, once we figure out what that is). Click here to download.

Got an Android device? You can now download our app on the Android Marketplace. Find out all about it here.

Follow us on twitter at twitter.com/p1podcast.

Thanks for listening! Don't forget to visit our new web site at www.playeronepodcast.com. Don't forget to join our forums if you haven't already!

Direct download: 01_09_12-Episode272.mp3

Running time: 1:10:00

Posted Image

#2 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:TheKurichan
  • PSN: kurichan78
  • STEAM ID: TheKurichan

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

I too carried a shameful Garfield obsession for too long. Also the only thing I can draw. Don't have my Jim Davis letters anymore but there is abox filled with Garfield somewhere in this house.
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 1 Champ!
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 2 Champ!

#3 K-S-O

K-S-O

Blood Wake

• Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:kso0514
  • PSN: kso0514
  • STEAM ID: kso0514

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

I might have missed some detail within the episode but what was the song in the zinger?

tumblr_n8ryopL80J1qbwudjo1_500.gif

#4 minus_273

minus_273

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Xbox Live: ZeroCrypto
  • PSN: ZeroCrypto

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

For the record, some of us evil republicans do listen to the podcast. We might even out number the women who do. In fact, since 40% of the US is Republican, even with a sampling bias because of the demographics, i'd say 30% or so of your listener base is a GOP supporter.

Edited by minus_273, 09 January 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#5 BadoorSNK

BadoorSNK

Earthworm Jim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Live: BadoorSNK
  • PSN: BadoorSNK

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm glad Phil spoke about Bionic Commando for the Game Boy, despite not having much to say. Not only does it carry the NES mechanics to the Game Boy pretty intact, it actually adds a few more cool stuff too (which is sort of understandable given that this is the only Capcom-made "sequel/remake/second-chance" it ever got). It has bosses, a prison sequence like Metal Gear, and an Albatross final stage that looks cool. The boring top-down enemy encounters were replaced with regular 2D stages. They also added the ability to stomp or swing-attack at enemies. Highly recommended if you like Bionic Commando.

Edited by BadoorSNK, 09 January 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#6 Ondore

Ondore

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:DonaldMick

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

I had a Garfield obsession when I was... 10 or so. Now I'm more of a FoxTrot man.

#7 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

When I was a kid (in Alice Springs) it was either Garfield or Footrot Flats. Now I like Garfield minus Garfield

#8 gamer812

gamer812

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Xbox Live: gamer812
  • Wii U / NNID:gamer812
  • PSN: gamer812
  • STEAM ID: gamer812

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

Nice choice for the next game club title. I will definitely join in on Stranger's Wrath. CJ just got a bit more interesting with his earlier infatuation with Garfield. It makes me wonder if that was one of his reasons of getting a cat. As for Mike's kids,

Posted Image

But their calm demeanor in public is probably because they don't want to be an asshole like their dad :).
Posted Image

#9 mik

mik

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,178 posts
  • Xbox Live: mik
  • PSN: mik

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

I suspect you're correct on both counts.
Posted Image

#10 minus_273

minus_273

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

When I was a kid (in Alice Springs) it was either Garfield or Footrot Flats. Now I like Garfield minus Garfield

good god you lived in alice springs, that like literally in the middle of nowhere. did you ever go to ayers rock?

#11 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

If by nowhere you mean Australia, then yeah, and in the 80's when I was a kid it really was a small place. It's a bit bigger now, thanks tourism! I went to Ayers Rock (Uluru), but I was 5.

#12 BigSpud

BigSpud

Hermie Hopperhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • PSN: Roast_Potato

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

What was that cheesy film dialogue at the end? Sounded like Phil was channelling Latka.

#13 minus_273

minus_273

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

If by nowhere you mean Australia, then yeah, and in the 80's when I was a kid it really was a small place. It's a bit bigger now, thanks tourism! I went to Ayers Rock (Uluru), but I was 5.

I was out there last Janaury. Good god was it hot in summer!

considering how isolated Oz is from the rest of the world and then on top of that alice springs is from all the other cities on the coast, i imagine you didnt have a great selection of games.

#14 WickedCobra03

WickedCobra03

Bad Mister Frosty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Live: WickedCobra03
  • PSN: WickedCobra03
  • STEAM ID: WickedCobra03

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Abhor is NOT a word!  Whenever I hear that word now, I just get instantly pissed!  I was told by a college professor that it was not a word when I previously asked a TA about the word usage on a paper they corrected and they said I made up a word, and went to the professor and asked her about it, the professor also said it was not a word that she ever heard of, so therefor I made it up, and kicked me out of her office when I asked her if I could take a field trip with her to the library or this new thing called the world wide web (she is like 70, so when she got ornery, I got a little snotty with in bringing up that "world wide web" comment", but I hear that word like once every 6 months to a year and my blood just boils.

Otherwise, great show, great kid embarrassment talk with the obama thing, republican jokes (I just think its funny to poke fun at both sides, and am neither, but probs more democrat if I would lean either way), and the "phil's still talking" jokes.  Oh, and the outro with the Sewart, Greg, Greg, Greg, Greg Sewart, Greg Sewart... hahahha!

And every week I seem to relate with you guys more and more if I already didn't completely relate to you guys already... yes, I loved garfield as well.

Jesus, what the hell was that song at the end of the podcast?  I was listening to it in VLC, and didn't think I had anything else on the playlist except for your podcast, so I go to look at it, and sure enough... its Player One Podcast... Bawhaha... :/

Edited by WickedCobra03, 10 January 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#15 Wenny

Wenny

Non compos mentis

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,073 posts
  • Xbox Live: W3nny
  • Wii U / NNID:Moondoggy
  • PSN: Wenny
  • STEAM ID: scotryder

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

Abhor is NOT a word! Whenever I hear that word now, I just get instantly pissed! I was told by a college professor that it was not a word when I previously asked a TA about the word usage on a paper they corrected and they said I made up a word, and went to the professor and asked her about it, the professor also said it was not a word that she ever heard of, so therefor I made it up, and kicked me out of her office when I asked her if I could take a field trip with her to the library or this new thing called the world wide web (she is like 70, so when she got ornery, I got a little snotty with in bringing up that "world wide web" comment", but I hear that word like once every 6 months to a year and my blood just boils.

Screw the web, just introduce her to a dictionary.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 PlayerOneStewy

PlayerOneStewy

Player One God

• Administrators
  • 7,297 posts
  • Xbox Live: CanadianStewy
  • PSN: stewy

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

What's a bit sad is that I was able to sing along with those songs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

I was out there last Janaury. Good god was it hot in summer!

considering how isolated Oz is from the rest of the world and then on top of that alice springs is from all the other cities on the coast, i imagine you didnt have a great selection of games.

Yep, the only games we had were on Commodore 64, until I moved to Melbourne in 1990, then I got me an NES!

The stupid thing is that my dad was a computer programmer and we moved to Alice for a job he got.

#18 SickBoy

SickBoy

Sewer Shark

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

Abhor is NOT a word! Whenever I hear that word now, I just get instantly pissed!

WickedCobra abhors the word abhor. Interesting.

Good show this week. Frankly, I don't think CJ was hard enough on Mike for his GOTY.

But yes, baby is obviously changing his personality ;)

(Best of luck, CJ, both our kids started sleeping through the night at some point in their first year, and then after a month or two started waking up in the middle of the night again. Our son still wakes up at midnight occasionally ("I want water..." stupid tap)... and last night woke up because I guess he heard me playing Bulletstorm and thought there were scary noises in his room. Guess the headphones are due to come back out... wow... that was a long aside)
Posted Image

#19 mik

mik

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,178 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Totally forgot to post this essential, episode-related video:

Edited by mik, 12 January 2012 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Wenny

Wenny

Non compos mentis

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,073 posts
  • Xbox Live: W3nny
  • Wii U / NNID:Moondoggy
  • PSN: Wenny
  • STEAM ID: scotryder

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

Totally forgot to post this essential, episode-related video:

I was hoping you'd forget. :!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 Kevitivity

Kevitivity

Hermie Hopperhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Live: Kevitivity
  • PSN: Kevitivity

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I enjoy your podcast and really appreciate the work you guys put into getting it out to us each week.

But I also wanted to chime in as another of your evil Republican listeners... I'm actually fairly liberal on social issues; I'm an atheist, for gay marriage, pro-choice... But I happen to be very conservative on the big important issues, like government spending, the size of government, a strong military, personal liberty, etc. So this means I almost always vote for the Republican and will be doing so in 2012.

Edited by Kevitivity, 14 January 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#22 mik

mik

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,178 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

the big important issues

Well, that's all relative, isn't it? (or Kevitive ;) )
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users