• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,035 posts
  • Xbox Live: probune
  • Wii: 8338 9162 1499 9590
  • PSN: probune
  • STEAM ID: probune

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Stupid game just cost me 3 hours because a mission glitched.

WARNING (this happened to me on PS3, and I've heard on other systems as well): when you visit the prisoner at the Presidium, make sure you tell them to let her go. If you do not, you will likely get the Paragon points, but the mission glitches.

I just lost about 3 hours of play because I now need to go back to an earlier save to find one where I hadn't made this choice yet.

How do you know it glitches? I did this and it didn't seem like it glitched out to me

#122 RareMonkey

RareMonkey

Blood Wake

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Xbox Live: Rare Monkey
  • PSN: RareMonkey23
  • STEAM ID: raremonkey

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

How do you know it glitches? I did this and it didn't seem like it glitched out to me

same here i don't think i glitched out, got the points and finished that quest i thought

XBL: Rare Monkey
Wii: Haven't hooked it up to the internet
PSN: Raremonkey23
76561197992617740.png

#123 probune

probune

Elitist

• Super Old Timer
  • 8,035 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

I haven't finished it yet but it didn't seem like it ended prematurely. It just seemed like I didn't find out what to do next or something.

#124 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

Don't fuck with this senator!

• Administrators
  • 7,783 posts
  • Xbox Live: Kirbutashi
  • Wii U / NNID:Kirbutashi
  • Wii: 4591-0447-7245-4168
  • PSN: Kirbutashi

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Maybe it's just because of the Insanity difficulty, but it's been a terrible experience combat-wise. Shield guys? We'll just remove a character that has the ability to remove them and leave you with two squadmates that can't do jack shit to shields only armor (and there hasn't been any armored enemies yet :(). The grenade spam is ridiculous and the enemies just spawn from god knows where. I love how the grenades and turrets are only meant for you.

At least the game looks nice. I do like the sectioned off health bar as you will frequently use medigel compared to ME2.

Why would you start on insanity for your first run before getting any bonuses?

Anyway, this game... Played for a long while last night and it feels like I hardly even started.

#125 gamer812

gamer812

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Xbox Live: gamer812
  • Wii U / NNID:gamer812
  • PSN: gamer812
  • STEAM ID: gamer812

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Why would you start on insanity for your first run before getting any bonuses?

Anyway, this game... Played for a long while last night and it feels like I hardly even started.

I had a bad experience with ME2 where I couldn't even get past the first level where you meet the Collectors. Even with the second playthrough bonuses, I could barely do any damage with the scaled enemies. It was much easier starting on Insanity as a low level character.
Posted Image

#126 richrad

richrad

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Xbox Live: Richrad Live
  • PSN: tetrisattacked

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

FINE since the rest of you seem too preoccupied with the real game to try the new iOS Mass Effect I went ahead and bought it. It's fun! And stupid good-looking. But the voice acting is really, really bad. Like, "Hey, Tony, you wanna be in our game?" bad.

#127 KnightAttack

KnightAttack

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts
  • PSN: Knightattack
  • STEAM ID: KnightFall88

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

same here i don't think i glitched out, got the points and finished that quest i thought

For 1, the mission still exists, in the Journal, saying that I need to speak to someone at the Jail.

Second, if I talk to the person who gave me the mission still acts like I haven't seen the person who arranges the interview.

Third, if I talk to the person who arranges the interview, they tells me to talk to them after I've done the interview.

It's a glitch.

Anyways, luckily, there was a "Quick Save" on my system (not really sure what that was from), that caused me only to lose about 2.5 hours of gameplay, so I went back, and have about another 1/2 an hour or so I've catching up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 DistantStorm

DistantStorm

Fights in the Shade

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • Xbox Live: DistantStorm
  • PSN: DistantStorm-X

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Played about three hours of MP last night, since I won't touch the story mode til they patch the missing face problem. (how the hell did that get overlooked, anyway?) fortunately the combat is fun enough to stand on its own for awhile. This is what I'll be doing til that seemingly minor, yet incredibly significant glitch is rectified, if anyone wants to party up.
Posted Image

-What if all the world's inside of your head- -Just creations of your own-
-Your Devils and your Gods- -All the living and the dead-
-And you're really all alone-

#129 MojoBox

MojoBox

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Xbox Live: TheMojoBox

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

I can see how people can be attached to their custom faces they've used since ME1, buuuut... Well let's be honest, the Mass Effect face editor is one of the worst ever, those are some suuuuper fugly faces. It's only halfway decent on PC with texture mods and face morphs. Still, stupid oversight.

The singleplayer game is fantastic, and I just mean the gameplay and systems parts for now. I'm enjoying everything else about it, but I'll reserve final judgement on the plot and everything else until I have more time to digest. And I think MP might actually prove to be a big time sink for me, looking forward to it!

#130 momerath

momerath

A miserable little pile of secrets

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:momerathh
  • PSN: momerath
  • STEAM ID: msmrise

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Picked up my copy on my lunch break yesterday, but didn't get a chance to play it until this morning. Managed to squeeze in about 2 hours of gameplay. I'm already finding myself getting absorbed back into the whole Mass Effect universe, and I seriously couldn't be happier about it. Between this and the various Vita games I've picked up recently, I might have to seriously alter my sleep schedule.

#131 SickBoy

SickBoy

Sewer Shark

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

I can see how people can be attached to their custom faces they've used since ME1, buuuut... Well let's be honest, the Mass Effect face editor is one of the worst ever, those are some suuuuper fugly faces. It's only halfway decent on PC with texture mods and face morphs. Still, stupid oversight.

For some reason, homely Shepard seems a better saviour of the universe than standard-issue Shepard. My copy arrived today. Hope the import works.
Posted Image

#132 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I just have to add... as someone who really had no intention of playing co-op, it saddens me that I'm going to have to bust my ass on every last scrap of dull sidequest minutiae just to get a good ending in this game, since I won't be getting any of the advantages related to co-op play.

I just wish that the ending of my single-player campaign wasn't quite as reliant upon whether or not I play a lot of multiplayer, that's all.

#133 gamer812

gamer812

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Amazing what sleep can do. Cleared out that section I was having trouble with on the first try today. :)

I just wish that the ending of my single-player campaign wasn't quite as reliant upon whether or not I play a lot of multiplayer, that's all.

I thought it was an optional thing?
Posted Image

#134 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

It is optional, but in order to get the best ending in single player without playing multiplayer, it seems you have to pretty exhaustively fill out every nook and cranny of the single-player game, including all the planet scanning stuff.

I could be wrong-- I hope I am-- but that was the impression I got from reading this article. Kind of disheartening. I hope it's an exaggeration.

Edited by momerath, 07 March 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#135 gamer812

gamer812

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

It is optional, but in order to get the best ending in single player without playing multiplayer, it seems you have to pretty exhaustively fill out every nook and cranny of the single-player game, including all the planet scanning stuff.

I could be wrong-- I hope I am-- but that was the impression I got from reading this article. Kind of disheartening. I hope it's an exaggeration.

That's messed up.
Posted Image

#136 KnightAttack

KnightAttack

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

I think Bioware needs to hire me to do Bug testing on their games, just found another huge one. I'm on a mission on [blank] planet, trying to rescue [blank] because they aren't suppose to be there, I somehow advanced through an entire area and none of the enemies of showing up, basically preventing me from finishing the mission. Ugh.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#137 SickBoy

SickBoy

Sewer Shark

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

Regarding my Shepard, I don't think the import was perfect, but it was pretty good. Minor skin tone issue, eye color and some of the features/head size seem a touch off. (Although this seemed most noticeable in the intro portion). If they announce a fix, I'll run through the import again and see how close it was, but I suspect you could chalk up a big chunk of the difference I perceive to the shiny new coat of paint they put on the game.

Regarding multiplayer, that sucks. There had better be some mechanic or some aspect of the narrative that somehow encourages or makes clear the benefits. I don't think anyone wants to put their epic narrative on hold to level up their universe.
Posted Image

#138 KnightAttack

KnightAttack

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Regarding multiplayer, that sucks. There had better be some mechanic or some aspect of the narrative that somehow encourages or makes clear the benefits. I don't think anyone wants to put their epic narrative on hold to level up their universe.

I haven't touched the Multiplayer, and don't really intend to until I beat the game once, but from what I can tell (and guess), you really don't have to use it, it's more like a bonus if you do. If you look at the trophy/achievement list, several trophies are listed as "Do this ___ times or _______ in multiplayer." Same effect, just different ways.

Personally, the scanning this time is kinda interesting, but not really that hard either. Usually less time consuming unless the Reapers catch you.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#139 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Its funny popping in and out of a galaxy when the reapers appear, playing whack-a-mole with them while you find the last resources you need.

#140 MojoBox

MojoBox

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

I just now read exactly how the Galactic Readiness thing plays into Singleplayer. Apparently the percentage of Galactic Readiness modifies your force total. So if you have 2000 forces and a Galactic Readiness of 50%, your effective total forces is 1000. The only thing that really matters is your effective total. I spent thirty minutes scouting systems this morning before work and went from a "very poor" result to just "poor", so it seems you're gonna need to do some serious planet scanning either way if you want to be well prepared.

I'm really loving the Galaxy at War mechanics. And I think the system scouting is actually fun this time around. Having to scrounge for fuel and having Reapers hunt your ass down really sells the Reaper invasion to me and gathering War Assets is neat, especially since it basically operates as a secondary game Codex, except with consequences. Your mileage may vary, especially if you're not as invested in the ME universe as I am. But I really am and it's total nerd boners for me :P

Edited by MojoBox, 08 March 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#141 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

• Administrators
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

I just wish they had left the earth invasion for a more dramatic point later on. Leaving right when things get started could make coming back to the craters that are left not so impressive.

#142 MojoBox

MojoBox

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Somewhere buried in the Codices is a note that the projected time it will take for the Reapers to finish harvesting earth is about a decade, so I think a return to Earth will have plenty of drama. I find if I remember the Reapers aren't outright destroying everything, rather the Dreadnoughts and Destroyers pen in civilian populations for ground forces to harvest, it makes far more sense to me that Shepard has the time he needs to do all that side questing. Ooh a credit chit!

#143 gamer812

gamer812

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

I just wish they had left the earth invasion for a more dramatic point later on. Leaving right when things get started could make coming back to the craters that are left not so impressive.

I love how Shepard gets the "Why did you leave Earth?" line multiple times. I'M ON IT, now let me dance in this club.
Posted Image

#144 KnightAttack

KnightAttack

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

I love how Shepard gets the "Why did you leave Earth?" line multiple times. I'M ON IT, now let me dance in this club.

More importantly, I love that everyone makes fun of him for his dancing.

Also, loving Bioware's continued tradition to other games/movies/tv shows. Makes me happy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#145 probune

probune

Elitist

• Super Old Timer
  • 8,035 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Finished it last night. Not exactly sure what to think about that ending.

#146 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Finished it last night. Not exactly sure what to think about that ending.

Did you max out your readiness before finishing? Or play multiplayer? Curious to know about the effects on how good the ending is.

#147 Compeau

Compeau

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 4,371 posts
  • Xbox Live: Compeau
  • Wii U / NNID:Compeau
  • PSN: Compeau

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

I love how five hours into the game I had to switch to disc 2. Really, Bioware? You couldn't organize the data on the discs a little better than that?

#148 Indy aka Rex

Indy aka Rex

DRAMA

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,263 posts
  • Xbox Live: Indy aka Rex
  • PSN: Indy-aka-Rex

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

I love how five hours into the game I had to switch to disc 2. Really, Bioware? You couldn't organize the data on the discs a little better than that?

That's odd, 2 was pretty good with the disc swaps. I mean, other than the unnecessary third swap, it was pretty good.

#149 gamer812

gamer812

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm 10 hours in and I had to switch 3-4 times. It's probably due to me going on sidequests.
Posted Image

#150 Indy aka Rex

Indy aka Rex

DRAMA

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

are the disc swaps still necessary with an install?

#151 RareMonkey

RareMonkey

Blood Wake

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

I feel like I am getting towards the end. Liking the game, I have played a little multiplayer (maybe 4 matches and every win I have got 4% more galactic readiness and loss gets 2% more readiness%)

76561197992617740.png

#152 KnightAttack

KnightAttack

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

I feel like I am getting towards the end. Liking the game, I have played a little multiplayer (maybe 4 matches and every win I have got 4% more galactic readiness and loss gets 2% more readiness%)

I played my first multiplayer game and thought...meh. I don't really care about this at all, then went back to the single player.

I think I'm in the lead up to the final push of the game, but I'm taking a break again right now after the game crashed (or rather, locked it and my system up). There seems to be more problems since around the 18 hour mark.

Also, Javik is freaking hilarious. I have him with me just about on every mission. Also, I'm really disappointed with the use of previous characters in the game. I'll explain more why once I have the game beat, and we can openly discuss things more.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#153 Indy aka Rex

Indy aka Rex

DRAMA

• Super Old Timer
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Man, it sucks that I'm getting this but I still haven't gotten the ME2 DLC to finish my second play-through of that and have a proper save file. Can you play multiplayer in this without touching the SP?

#154 KnightAttack

KnightAttack

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Man, it sucks that I'm getting this but I still haven't gotten the ME2 DLC to finish my second play-through of that and have a proper save file. Can you play multiplayer in this without touching the SP?

Yes. It's tied together, but not......if that makes sense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#155 RareMonkey

RareMonkey

Blood Wake

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Finished the game. Don't want to say too much about it at the moment. Will most likely do a spoiler post later (and when more people have played.

76561197992617740.png

#156 KnightAttack

KnightAttack

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Finished the game. Don't want to say too much about it at the moment. Will most likely do a spoiler post later (and when more people have played.

Out of curiosity, how long did you play go? My friend told me he was just over 27 hours. I'm still going and I'm around 28 and still have some time left.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#157 RareMonkey

RareMonkey

Blood Wake

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Out of curiosity, how long did you play go? My friend told me he was just over 27 hours. I'm still going and I'm around 28 and still have some time left.

29 hours 41 minutes without the DLC.

76561197992617740.png

#158 probune

probune

Elitist

• Super Old Timer
  • 8,035 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Did you max out your readiness before finishing? Or play multiplayer? Curious to know about the effects on how good the ending is.

I was at 60% readiness from playing a couple of multiplayer matches and easily maxed out the bar without finishing every sidequest.

My play time was similar. I think 28 hours? Maybe up to 30.

#159 St0ph

St0ph

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Live: Scooby Maroon
  • PSN: ScoobyMaroon

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Just got some time to fire up the game and ran into the face import problem as I expected. I don't seem to have my ME1 save so the workaround I was going to try isn't going to work... looks like I'm waiting for the official fix. Maybe I'll play some ME2 DLC in the meantime. Shadowbroker is supposed to be good, right?

#160 richrad

richrad

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Xbox Live: Richrad Live
  • PSN: tetrisattacked

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Disc swaps? Didn't know that they released a PS1 version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users