DistantStorm

Fights in the Shade

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • Xbox Live: DistantStorm
  • PSN: DistantStorm-X

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

With all the Mass Effect hubbub going on right now, it's easy to forget that we are now less than a month out from PAX East, year 3.

The last two were crazy fun, and I expect nothing less for the third go round. This has easily become one of the fanboy highlights I look forward to most all year.

So who's in this year? One of the best parts has been the P1P gathering at a local eatery/watering hole at the end of the second day, which is something of an awesome annual tradition now. If this will be your third PAX or your first, hope to see you up there next month.
Posted Image

-What if all the world's inside of your head- -Just creations of your own-
-Your Devils and your Gods- -All the living and the dead-
-And you're really all alone-

#2 levitynyc

levitynyc

Everybody loves donuts.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,803 posts
  • Xbox Live: levitynyc
  • Wii U / NNID:levitynyc
  • PSN: levitynyc
  • STEAM ID: levitynyc

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I will sadly not be going this year. Easter weekend, wife behind pregnant, very busy at work is making me pass on it.

I enjoyed the show last year and 2 years ago, but the P1p meetups were my favorite part. I loved the solo drive up to Boston as its very relaxing and traversing Connecticut last year to buy an iPad 2 last year was fun.

Not so fun was blowing a tire on the George Washington Bridge.
Posted Image

Remember kids: Friends don't let friends buy Bose.

#3 Indifference

Indifference

Mega....Me?

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Xbox Live: Ind1fference
  • Wii U / NNID:Ind1fference
  • PSN: Indifference79
  • STEAM ID: Ind1fference

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Have fun. I can't go this year. We'll have dinner in 2013.The meetups were certainly a highlight and I look forward to the next time.

Edited by Indifference, 07 March 2012 - 10:58 AM.

Twitter itunes

644173.pnggameEnthus_white-small.png

#4 DistantStorm

DistantStorm

Fights in the Shade

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Man,you guys are taking all the fun out of PAX!

Ah well, see you next year, then...
Posted Image

#5 minus_273

minus_273

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Xbox Live: ZeroCrypto
  • PSN: ZeroCrypto

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

With all the Mass Effect hubbub going on right now, it's easy to forget that we are now less than a month out from PAX East, year 3.

The last two were crazy fun, and I expect nothing less for the third go round. This has easily become one of the fanboy highlights I look forward to most all year.

So who's in this year? One of the best parts has been the P1P gathering at a local eatery/watering hole at the end of the second day, which is something of an awesome annual tradition now. If this will be your third PAX or your first, hope to see you up there next month.

whoever decided to have it during passover sucks.

Ill be there on saturday only this year. no three day pass.

#6 levitynyc

levitynyc

Everybody loves donuts.

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,803 posts
  • Xbox Live: levitynyc
  • Wii U / NNID:levitynyc
  • PSN: levitynyc
  • STEAM ID: levitynyc

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

Have fun all.
Posted Image

Remember kids: Friends don't let friends buy Bose.

#7 DistantStorm

DistantStorm

Fights in the Shade

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

So after a midnight drive back to NYC last night, unfortunately cutting the trip short by a day due to my friend's Easter plans, PAX East 2012 is in the books. Awesome, as always, although the absence of the P1P meetup was sorely missed. Wasn't able to take in as much as usual- the highlights were the Irrational Games panel on designing memorable enemies, featuring a number of examples from Bioshock Infinite, and the 15 min video gameplay demo of Assassin's Creed III.

That focused on the Battle of Bunker Hill segment, which was very impressive in its openness and sense of scale. You got a real feeling of being in the midst of a full scale Colonial era battle, with the crack and smoke of musket fire and cannonballs exploding all around. Visually I'd say it's a noticeable step up from recent entries in the series, and the combat seemed much more fluid. But it's tough to say for sure without any hands on time. Overall it's looking very good, and I'm excited to play the full game this October.

PAX is always a blast, and I'm already looking forward to next year, and getting back to doing it at full strength.
Posted Image

#8 probune

probune

Elitist

• Super Old Timer
  • 8,035 posts
  • Xbox Live: probune
  • Wii: 8338 9162 1499 9590
  • PSN: probune
  • STEAM ID: probune

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

I figured we wouldn't have enough for a real meetup. I missed the topic otherwise I would have at least met up with you and your friend sometime for drinks.

Hopefully next year it doesn't fall on Easter. I skipped the show today for dinner with the family.

Also, I was there at Assassin's Creed 3 first thing on Friday. It wasn't even much of a line then. Agreed on the demo - super pumped for that game. Day one purchase. Giant Bomb panel was a blast as well. They say during the panel that people waited for two hours, and that was not an understatement, since there were two full rooms of people waiting to get in at about two hours before the panel, and we packed that gigantic theater.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users