• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,569 posts
  • Xbox Live: FullmetalCJ
  • Wii U / NNID:SuperPac
  • Wii: 4598-7706-4684-7027
  • PSN: SuperPac

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

This week! Kid Icarus: Uprising, 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, Angry Birds Space, Draw Something, Mass Effect 3, Hunger Games: Girl On Fire, Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational and so much more!

Check out Greg's new web series Generation 16 (Episode 3 now available) - click here. And take a trip over to Phil's YouTube Channel to see some awesome retro game vids.

Own an iPhone/iPod touch? We've got an app for that--the Player One Podcast player app is available now. Play shows new and old, read show notes, access the show Twitter, website, email, voicemail line and more! Plus, you'll be able to access bonus audio and video content (soon, once we figure out what that is). Click here to download.

Got an Android device? You can now download our app on the Android Marketplace. Find out all about it here.

Follow us on twitter at twitter.com/p1podcast.

Thanks for listening! Don't forget to visit our new web site at www.playeronepodcast.com. Don't forget to join our forums if you haven't already!

Direct download: 03_26_12-Episode283.mp3

Running time: 1:16:00

Posted Image

#2 MangamanX

MangamanX

Hermie Hopperhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

ABOUT. FRIGGEN. TIME.

I can NOW FINALLY start my Monday.

My week doesn't start until you post the new podcast on itunes.

I forsee a sad day when you stop doing the show.

IRONIC that I am CURRENTLY relistening to episode 82 "Where's the F***ing Green Hill Zone?" in which you Game Club Kid Icarus.

This is my third listening. I have been taking notes while listening as well by the way.

#3 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:TheKurichan
  • PSN: kurichan78
  • STEAM ID: TheKurichan

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

I love how Phil thinks that something that is world wide should just conform to his time zone. "Saturday's" tourneys in Hot Shots come online where I am at 7pm Saturday.
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 1 Champ!
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 2 Champ!

#4 momerath

momerath

A miserable little pile of secrets

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:momerathh
  • PSN: momerath
  • STEAM ID: msmrise

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Wait, was the ME3 DLC character & mission really supposed to be available to those who purchased the game? Because if so then I totally got screwed over. I bought a day one copy and I still had to pay 10 bucks in addition to the 60 bucks to get it. Posted Image

#5 mik

mik

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,187 posts
  • Xbox Live: mik
  • PSN: mik

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Apparently it was not part of the $60 package. I didn't realize that and assumed it was. So, even if you bought it new, you got fucked. Bravo, BioWare.
Posted Image

#6 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, that pretty much proves your point even further. I probably should have adopted your stubborn approach and held off on the DLC... especially since at the end of the day it probably wasn't worth it anyway.

#7 gokieks

gokieks

Mostly Harmless

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Xbox Live: GokieKS
  • PSN: GokieKS
  • STEAM ID: GokieKS

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

The character from From Ashes actually is a quite important one, especially for people who care about the history and lore of the Mass Effect universe. I wouldn't say he's central to the plot in ME3 though.

Edited by gokieks, 28 March 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Jindofox

Jindofox

Super Mario

• Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Live: Jindofox
  • Wii U / NNID:Jindofox
  • PSN: Jindofox
  • STEAM ID: Jindofox

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

This is one of those times that I cared (at least a little) about everything being discussed, so for me, great episode! Sleep deprivation is good for Whimsical Phil.

Also, I found an "internet beat time" iPhone app for you Swatch nerds.
http://itunes.apple....d304080578?mt=8
Posted Image

#9 momerath

momerath

• Super Old Timer
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

The character from From Ashes actually is a quite important one, especially for people who care about the history and lore of the Mass Effect universe. I wouldn't say he's central to the plot in ME3 though.

Yeah, that's definitely an important distinction. I wouldn't say that I'd have missed anything of the main plot if I hadn't had the DLC, but I would say that my experience of the world would have been a little less rich.

I'm just not sure if that richness was worth 10 more dollars. It was hard to wash that whole "this is a money-grab" taste out of my mouth when I ended up paying essentially 70 bucks at launch.

[To be fair I'm kind of spoiled by playing the PS3 copy of ME2, which ended up shipping with pretty much all the available DLC at the time in-box.]

#10 PlayerOneStewy

PlayerOneStewy

Player One God

• Administrators
  • 7,370 posts
  • Xbox Live: CanadianStewy
  • PSN: stewy

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

For anyone who hasn't made the leap yet: ME3 is $30 at Walmart Canada today.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 SickBoy

SickBoy

Sewer Shark

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

I was on the receiving end of mik's poop drawing. It was a delightful scene. What I liked best was that one of the last things drawn in was a disembodied paw from off screen that sort of said "hey! Look what I just did!"

I was just surprised poop was a word. And at all the careful effort of creating a park, tire swing, etc.
Posted Image

#12 Reivax

Reivax

New Hat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Xbox Live: Reivax81
  • PSN: Reivax_81

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

My first word playing Draw Something was P Diddy, so I can believe Poop is a word in their list. I'd like to see some of these Mik drawings.

I know the original Kid Icarus has flaws in its design (falling through platforms when you press down, etc..), but I still think it's an awesome game. The first level, or so, is hard as hell, but as soon as you get a little bit stronger and you begin upgrading your health and weapons, it gets easier and becomes a really fun experience. I played it so much as a kid and I can still play it today and enjoy it. I understand why people don't like it or get frustrated with it, but it doesn't make it an "awful game". It's better than that.

#13 juanster

juanster

Smiling Politely

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Live: juanster
  • PSN: juanster

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

I know it's too early to tell, but I think the Vita is on track to being the greatest handheld system ever.
Posted Image

#14 Kirbutashi

Kirbutashi

Don't fuck with this senator!

• Administrators
  • 7,860 posts
  • Xbox Live: Kirbutashi
  • Wii U / NNID:Kirbutashi
  • Wii: 4591-0447-7245-4168
  • PSN: Kirbutashi

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Stand usage with Kid Icarus is a definitely a YMMV situation as is the entire control scheme. I've found that I can rest the 3DS in the low end of my right palm or in my lap as I play, which I find more comfortable than being hunched over my short desk with the stand.

That game is fucking crazy, btw.

#15 Ondore

Ondore

Big the Cat

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:DonaldMick

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

YTV's still here on my cable system - and I'm pretty sure I share a cable provider with Greg. But they've been dead to me since they fired Gord the PJ Man.

#16 PlayerOneCJ

PlayerOneCJ

Player One God

• Root Admin
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I know it's too early to tell, but I think the Vita is on track to being the greatest handheld system ever.

I agree in some aspects - the screen, the dual analog, the digital download future, the PSP games that look beautiful on Vita 'cuz of the screen, the friends list/trophy integration compared to previous portables that had none. But not in others. The internet connectivity and the system's preference for 3G over a known wifi network is just frustrating to me. The 3G, especially in airports, sucks ass - worse than the iPhone in that situation (and the iPhone is terrible there). Since it disconnects from the network for some things and then has to reconnect you get that nice gray "Please wait..." screen or in-game "Connecting..." screens a lot. Un-tappable notifications everywhere but the home screens. Near. Having to "sync" trophies.

There is a lot to like about the Vita and I have played mine every dang day (thank you Hot Shots Golf). The games are great. But I feel like the system itself has just a bunch of little issues that poke at me every time one of them rears its head.

Posted Image

#17 SickBoy

SickBoy

Sewer Shark

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • Xbox Live: FisheyeLens
  • PSN: FisheyeLens

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

YTV definitely still exists. Our kids are much more in the Treehouse/Disney Jr. set when the TV is on, though.
Posted Image

#18 Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

Bomberman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • PSN: Harmon_Smith

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

I agree in some aspects - the screen, the dual analog, the digital download future, the PSP games that look beautiful on Vita 'cuz of the screen, the friends list/trophy integration compared to previous portables that had none. But not in others. The internet connectivity and the system's preference for 3G over a known wifi network is just frustrating to me. The 3G, especially in airports, sucks ass - worse than the iPhone in that situation (and the iPhone is terrible there). Since it disconnects from the network for some things and then has to reconnect you get that nice gray "Please wait..." screen or in-game "Connecting..." screens a lot. Un-tappable notifications everywhere but the home screens. Near. Having to "sync" trophies.

There is a lot to like about the Vita and I have played mine every dang day (thank you Hot Shots Golf). The games are great. But I feel like the system itself has just a bunch of little issues that poke at me every time one of them rears its head.

I agree with pretty much all of the above. I guess the good thing is that Sony do have a history of tinkering/improving/crippling their firmwares. I think the Vita could be a very different beast a couple of years down the line with some changes to its O/S depending on which direction Sony decide to take it.

#19 WickedCobra03

WickedCobra03

Bad Mister Frosty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Live: WickedCobra03
  • PSN: WickedCobra03
  • STEAM ID: WickedCobra03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Not raging , and trying to correct you, but I think the ME3 "Jarvik" / "From Ashes" DLC I think was included with the collectors edition which sold out many places in December or January already.  But even with the collectors edition, yeah, I have heard from people that the DLC is pretty damn integral to the story, especially to people who have been playing the entire time from Mass Effect 1.  I am not one to sign an online petition, but come on man, that really sucks that they are going to "take feedback and create DLC accordingly".  Aka, this just means; "yo bro, you pissed about the ending?  Yeah, you gonna buy that DLC because we know you pissed."  That part sucks.

BTW, any of you guys going to PAX east?  I am not going this year, but I am just wondering if we are going to get a podcast from a hotel room.  Or actually, you guys far too busy with kids and such to even think about traveling.

Keep up the great work.  

P.S. Phil, I love your stories.

#20 PlayerOneCJ

PlayerOneCJ

Player One God

• Root Admin
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I do not think any of us are going to PAX East. I *may* be going to PAX Prime but...not sure yet.

I'm going to New Zealand for 2 weeks with a 5-month-old baby in a week. I have high hopes that it's going to be awesome, and luckily my daughter has been an easy traveler so far.

Posted Image

#21 PlayerOneStewy

PlayerOneStewy

Player One God

• Administrators
  • 7,370 posts
  • Xbox Live: CanadianStewy
  • PSN: stewy

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

I totally want to attempt a trip to PAX East next year. But only if CJ is going. And maybe those other two guys...whatever.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 mik

mik

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

I'm much more likely to go to Seattle than Boston.
Posted Image

#23 Jave

Jave

Did someone say Skitchin?

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Xbox Live: MelodiousJave
  • Wii U / NNID:Melody-Jave
  • STEAM ID: MelodiousJave

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Incidentally, mik, your attitude on ME3 DLC is my attitude on the Star Wars expanded universe.

I don't care what third party source explains away this or that. If it didn't happen in the movies, it didn't happen.

~~buy xithromax online ireland!~~

#24 levitynyc

levitynyc

Everybody loves donuts.

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,930 posts
  • Xbox Live: levitynyc
  • Wii U / NNID:levitynyc
  • PSN: levitynyc
  • STEAM ID: levitynyc

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

listening now...curious what you guys think about kid icarus as I'm an hour into it...my wrist hurts...but i think i might be enjoying it.

Phil's problem with Saturday reminded me of this

Edited by levitynyc, 31 March 2012 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image

Remember kids: Friends don't let friends buy Bose.

#25 Boblious

Boblious

Ico

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Live: PurpleFang
  • PSN: Boblious
  • STEAM ID: Boblious

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hey angry Phil... It's Animal Farm not 1984.
Posted Image

#26 mik

mik

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Incidentally, mik, your attitude on ME3 DLC is my attitude on the Star Wars expanded universe.

I don't care what third party source explains away this or that. If it didn't happen in the movies, it didn't happen.

I agree with that, too. I've read two Star Wars EU novels (Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Shadows of the Empire) and both left me feeling very dirty.
Posted Image

#27 mik

mik

Q*Bert

• Super Old Timer
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hey angry Phil... It's Animal Farm not 1984.

thatsthejoke.gif
Posted Image

#28 TheKurichan

TheKurichan

Screw this guy.

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts
  • Wii U / NNID:TheKurichan
  • PSN: kurichan78
  • STEAM ID: TheKurichan

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

I agree with that, too. I've read two Star Wars EU novels (Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Shadows of the Empire) and both left me feeling very dirty.

That brings back memories. Didn't splinter have all those dream sequences? Maybe the prequels were all a dream?
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 1 Champ!
P1P Hot Shots Golf Season 2 Champ!

#29 gokieks

gokieks

Mostly Harmless

• Super Old Timer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Xbox Live: GokieKS
  • PSN: GokieKS
  • STEAM ID: GokieKS

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

You should read some of the good Star War EU novels (which, of course, means the Thrawn Trilogy).
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users