Episode 161 (11/23/09) – Showgirls

Play

This week! First up, voicemails from listeners where we talk about Ratchet & Clank spoilers, the airport scene from Modern Warfare 2, the difficulty in adventure games, and more. Then, we go into the games we’ve played this week, including Modern Warfare 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, God of War Collection, Phantasy Star Zero, Excitebike World Rally, LEGO Indiana Jones 2, Pokémon Rumble, Left 4 Dead 2, Forza III, Beatles Rock Band and Adhoc Party.

Own an iPhone/iPod touch? We’ve got an app for that–the Player One Podcast player app is available now. Play shows new and old, read show notes, access the show Twitter, website, email, voicemail line and more! Plus, you’ll be able to access bonus audio and video content (soon, once we figure out what that is). Click here to download.

Follow us on twitter at twitter.com/p1podcast.

Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to visit our new web site at www.playeronepodcast.com. You can leave us a voicemail by calling 713-893-8069 or you can send a comment via MP3 to our email address, playeronepodcast@gmail.com. Don’t forget to join our forums if you haven’t already!

Running time: 1:57:40

This week’s link:

Player One Podcast iPhone App

Direct download: 11_23_09-Episode161.mp3

This entry was posted in Episodes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

7 Comments

1. Chris_wing
    Posted November 22, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

I love Mega Man to. My favorite part is the end when you defeat Dr. Willy. Actually that’s a lie, I never beat him, in nine attempts.

2. Posted November 23, 2009 at 4:39 am | Permalink

Oh man I cannot wait to get this today.

3. Petrit Ademi
    Posted November 23, 2009 at 8:14 am | Permalink

CJ, get your facts straight about the PSN Premium subscription.

4. Posted November 23, 2009 at 11:43 am | Permalink

@Petrit Ademi
    I think I said I didn’t know what it entailed but that there was a slide that got out to the press last week that included a line about monetizing PSN subscriptions. That was all I knew.

5. Petrit Ademi
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 7:37 am | Permalink

I was just trolling.
    From what I’ve read online is that Sony has said you will still be able to play games for free and that they will only be charging for some premium content. Everything that is free right now will still be free. Keep up the great work guys.

6. Ian
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 9:48 am | Permalink

The problem with the shake motion in New Super Mario Bros. Wii is that it’s exactly what someone freaking out during a platformer does to the controller.

I’m sick of all of the airport scene talk when the very purpose of every first person shooter ever is to shoot people in the face. Now were this a first person hugger we might have something to discuss.

7. Petrit Ademi
    Posted November 25, 2009 at 6:10 am | Permalink

If someone makes a first person hugger, they will be laughing all the way to the bank. I’m sure Miyomoto has already started working on it.

One Trackback