Episode 173 (02/15/10) – Tickets Please

Play

Posted Image

This week! We talk about games such as Heavy Rain, Bioshock 2, White Knight Chronicles, Aliens Vs. Predator, Splosion Man, TMNT Reshelled, 1 vs. 100, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Blaster Master Overdrive and Giana Sisters. Plus oh so much more in our tweets and voicemails section.

Own an iPhone/iPod touch? We’ve got an app for that–the Player One Podcast player app is available now. Play shows new and old, read show notes, access the show Twitter, website, email, voicemail line and more! Plus, you’ll be able to access bonus audio and video content (soon, once we figure out what that is). Click here to download.

Follow us on twitter at twitter.com/p1podcast.

Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to visit our new web site at www.playeronepodcast.com. You can leave us a voicemail by calling 713-893-8069 or you can send a comment via MP3 to our email address, playeronepodcast@gmail.com. Don’t forget to join our forums if you haven’t already!

Running time: 1:41:20

This week’s links:
Player One Podcast iPhone App
“Linus and Lucy” by hpizzle
The Caldor Rainbow: Toys R Us Design Timeline 1970s-1989

Direct download: 02_15_10-Episode173.mp3

This entry was posted in Episodes and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

6 Comments

1. Posted February 15, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

That photo brings a tear to my eye! Toys R Us was always the place where I got my 1 video game a year on my birthday.

2. WickedCobra03
    Posted February 15, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

Wow, I almost died laughing at the “I smell some user error in there” comment and “omg, yeah, why play these games, honestly, ahhhhh god!”.

Seriously guys, never stop these weekly shows between the 4 of you. I don’t usually write nor call in because when I am listening to these I am usually out snowboarding or walking to class and can’t really write out an email or call until later where I inevitably forget what my original question even was.

3. UNKILLABLE
    Posted February 16, 2010 at 9:55 am | Permalink

It’s great how you guys are really impressed by things that Bioshock 2 kept from the first game. (the ice plasmid slowing down the hacking minigame & hacked health stations poisoning enemies) I just love you guys.

4. Greg Sewart
    Posted February 16, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

And we love people who appreciate our fine work.

5. Posted February 17, 2010 at 11:48 am | Permalink

@Greg Sewart
    Sweet! Greg answered my comment. He’s my favorite except for Phil.

Funny story, when I played Bioshock 1 Sander Cohen was killed by one of my hacked health stations. He had run off and it took me a while to find his corpse.

I’m gonna go give you guys a review on itunes.

6. Greg Sewart
    Posted February 17, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

That’s awesome. And thanks!

One Trackback